Feelings

1 week later

Xavier's POV

"Alpha! Rouges have been spotted on the west side of the border by the river. Want us to go out and deal with them?" My Beta, Jake, asks as I walk onto the training field.

Those damn rouges... their numbers have been increasing lately and have caused concern for neighbouring packs. I, of course, wasn't worried about my pack. We're strong enough and ready to take down any rouges that try to attack. However, the rouges need to be dealt with before it gets out of control.

"Grab the men you need and kill them all, except for one of the rouges. Bring him to one of our dungeons outside of the pack land and I'll deal with him later." I order Jake, as I walk into the Control Centre.

My Beta nods at my command and yells out to some of the men on the field to follow him. I'll beat the information out of the one rouge that will be thrown into the dungeon and figure out what they are up to.

As I enter the Control Centre, I see that a map was spread out on the table. Luke and Hunter, my third in command, are looking at it intensely and pointing to some of the territories.

"Have you figured out where these damn rouges are coming from?" I ask with a growl.

Luke looks up and sighs, "No, brother. We've pinpointed everywhere that the rouges have been spotted lately and there is no precise location as to where their pack might be located. They seem to be coming from all over. Some seem to be circling some pack territories neighbouring us. It may be best to warn some of the other packs, if they don't already know." Luke suggests.

"What makes you think I care about what happens to other packs? If they can't defend themselves, then it's their fault." I exclaim.

Luke scowls at me. If he wasn't my brother I would have put him in his place for disrespecting his Alpha.

"You seem to be forgetting that those other packs are our allies and they have fought with us numerous times. We have no idea what these rouges are planning, but it must be big and we must be ready; which includes building a strong force with our allies."

God, my brother was irritating. "Go ahead brother and warn the other packs, if it makes you sleep better at night. I have no doubt that our pack will conquer these measly rouges on our own." I state, as I continue to examine the map.

He was right that the rouges were coming from all over, as they were marked by black marks on the map, which ultimately littered the entire map. While examining the map I spot a red mark closer to our pack territory.

"What is that mark for?" I ask, as I pointed to it.

"That's where the Luna was found by you." Hunter spoke up.

"You don't have a Luna! And why the hell would that be important to pinpoint on the map?" I yell and clench my fists with anger. That human will not be identified as the Luna of this pack, I won't allow it.

"She is the Luna, whether you say so or not and it's important, because it's obvious she was taken by rouges and tortured. Perhaps, the same rouges that are planning all of this. We estimate that they might have some sort of small pack somewhere in that area since that land is not claimed by anyone." Luke calmly states, ignoring my anger.

My wolf growls within me at the thought of his mate being tortured by rouges, which put me on edge.

Stupid mate bond.

Not being able to handle any more of my brother's scowls and my wolf being on edge, I walk out the Control Centre and head back to my office. There I can bury myself in paper work and occupy my mind with important matters. Luke may have had a point, but right now I was too angry at the thought of my pack claiming that human to be their Luna without my acknowledgement.

As I walk through the market towards my mansion, I spot the human by one of the huts that was selling sweets. I watch how the owner is offering her to try some of the treats. At first she shakes her head and smiles back, but after some pestering from some of the women she was with, she gives in and tries the sweets. I watch how a smile immediately brightens her face and a little giggle leaves her mouth as she enjoys one of the treats. All the women giggle back amused by her reaction to the sweetness and the owner offers her a bag filled with treats to take home. She shyly takes the bag and thanks the owner.

My wolf immediately perks up with the sound of her giggles and starts insisting I go near her. I scowl at the idea and quickly continue on my way to the mansion, but not before spotting her giving her entire bag of treats to some of the children of the pack.

-----

I look up from the papers on my desk and look at the clock. Three hours had passed and I had finally completed all the paper work for this week. I lean back on my chair and close my eyes. My wolf was still angry with me and it was causing me a headache. I pinch the bridge of my nose and wished for the hundredth time I could permanently shut him up about this whole mate thing.

I hear laughter coming from the gardens right outside my window. My wolf stirs at the sound and pushes me to go to the window. I gave up fighting and did what my wolf wanted for once.

As I approach the window, I see the human laughing at something my brother had said to her. They're both sitting on one of the benches in the middle of the garden facing each other. She was red from laughing so hard and he was smiling like an idiot. She seemed truly happy for once. I've seen her smile before, but I knew she did it to be polite or to hide her pain.

I don't know how I knew that, but I just did.

My wolf was furious at the moment and for once he wasn't angry at me. He didn't like the fact that his mate was with another guy and he definitely didn't like the fact that it wasn't us making her laugh. For once I didn't try to shut my wolf up, because something in me didn't feel right. I didn't know what this feeling was or what it meant.

My mind wandered to the idea of me being out there with her and being the one to make her laugh and smile. How would it feel to be close to her and feel the warmth that radiates from her body? To look into those beautiful blue eyes... My wolf purrs at the idea.

I quickly turn away from the window and slam my fist on the desk. The desk cracks under my force, threatening to collapse. What is wrong with me?! I don't want a mate and I definitely don't want her as my mate. I leave my office and desperately try to ignore these foreign feelings.