Together

Noel's POV

I can sense his irritation at me by the way he crosses his arms and looks at me with his hard demanding eyes. He doesn't understand why I need to fulfil this promise now and he doesn't realize that if I don't do it now, my inner demons will come to haunt me even more. I know for a fact that if I was to go back to the pack with him right now, that he will not let me out of his sight. I won't have another chance to keep my promise and save the others that are in captivity. He probably thinks that I am stupid to go off and fight rouges, but yet he fails to realize that I am willing to do anything to save the others, even if it ends my life.

My heart is racing as I acknowledge the fact that the only way I will have a slim chance of fulfilling this promise now, is if I open up to him and let him know what those rouges have done to me. Perhaps then he will realize the severity of it. Perhaps he will understand that I can't go another day without keeping my promise. Perhaps he will also understand my need to go and see for myself that these rouges have been killed and the women and children are finally safe. Tiny hope sparks up in me at the thought of finally having my inner demons disappear forever.

I look at him with pleading eyes, so he can see my desperation. I sigh as I begin to explain, "You already know that I was taken by those rouges and held captive, but you don't know what they did to me for 10 years of my life. They took everything from me, my family, my life, my hope, my purity. They constantly beat me and broke me until I became numb to the pain and suffering. They left me with scars that will forever litter my body and demons that won't stop haunting me in my dreams. I lost the sense of who I was and forgot what it meant to be happy and loved. I'm free from their captivity and yet, I suffer everyday with the tainted memories and hateful words that whisper to me in the dark."

I look away has tears start to form in my eyes. I never thought that I would ever say all of this out loud and now that I'm saying it, it's becoming too much to hold in my emotions.

"I can't change what has happened to me, but I can prevent it from happening to others. I have witnessed other women and children being beaten and even killed at the hands of those sick rouges; and I know that there are others that are still suffering under their hands. I need to go back and save them and end all of this. I can't bear another night of knowing that others are suffering. Please come with me and help me end this, I promise this will be the only time I ask for anything from you."

I hesitantly look up with pleading eyes hoping that I have convinced him to let me go and end all of this. However, when I look up he is no longer standing in front of me. Instead, he is hammering his fist in the trunk of a large tree to my left. Anger would be too less of a word to describe the energy radiating off of him. I can tell that he is fighting to maintain control of his wolf, who would probably tear down an entire tree as well.

Seeing Xavier behave this way is frightening and alarming, I have never seen him like this before. Tears continue to roll down my face and I aggressively try to wipe them away in order to control my own emotions. I call out to him and yet he continues his brutality towards the tree. Once I see that his blood is staining the trunk of tree, I can't stop myself from approaching him. I don't like seeing him like this, it hurts me in ways that I can't describe.

I quickly approach him and wrap my arms around his waist, "Xavier! Please stop!" I cry out.

He instantly tenses up, as if my touch had some effect on him.

Xavier's POV

I look down to see tears staining her face and her visibly shaking, as she grips onto my waist. She slowly loosens her grip and gently grabs my bloody hand. I watch as she carefully wipes away the blood; she's being so gentle as if not to cause me more pain. But I don't feel the pain; all I feel is the powerful sparks that ignite with every little touch of hers and the intense mixed emotions surging through my body.

How can she be so gentle with me after I have been so awful to her? How can she wipe away my blood when I never tried to wipe away any of her suffering? This is entirely my fault; I should have been there for her right from the beginning. If I wasn't so selfish and idiotic, I would have known all of this long ago and I would have ended it long ago. This whole time she has been suffering with her own demons all because I didn't want a mate. Yet, here she is worried about my bloody hand after everything I have done to her.

She deserves all the goodness in the world and for now on I will fight for that. My wolf and I are both murderous at the thought of what she had to endure in the past several years. I'm not the mate that she deserves, but I will be the one that ends the lives of every single rouge that has ever laid a hand on her. She will no longer suffer, I will finally bring her the peace of mind that she deserves.

I gently lift her chin so I can look into her bright blue eyes still filled with tears. I wipe away the ones rolling down her cheek with my thumb as I speak my next words.

"We'll end all of this together."

Thank you for reading! Please continue to vote or comment!