Chapter 2

Punk and I have been best friends since my debut night and I couldn't have asked for a better friend. He's always there for me, and I'm always there for him, and trust me, he needs help sometimes. I'm the reason he hasn't gone completely insane on some people he's fought, and he's the reason that I haven't gone as insane as I did the day I came in. I moved into his house with him, and that because we haven't fought seriously in the entire 2 years we've been friends.

I was dead asleep but there was a sudden blaring light that hit my eyelids and I groaned in annoyance. "Punk, shut the curtains" I grumbled into my pillow.

"No way Jamie Gem" he said cheerily "It's 11:30, and I made you breakfast, you're getting up" he yanked the covers back and pulled me up so I was sitting as he sat down next to me. He looked at me a little worriedly. "Jaim, you alright? You haven't slept this long in ages, and I remember havering to come into your apartment or whatever hotel room to have to wake you up at 2 in the afternoon so you'd get ready for Monday Night" he joked. I was really just contemplating everything really, about how I feel about Punk. Yeah he's my best friend, but lately I've had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind and I finally realize last night what that was and why it happened when I was with Punk... It's 'cause I'm in love with him. I kissed his cheek. "Nope Punk, nothing's wrong" I lied and got up. I could smell the eggs once I got to the door and started hopping down the stairs.

After I ate I was headed back upstairs to change into actual clothes instead of my purple spaghetti strap and baggy gray sweat pants. He spun me around when I was about halfway from the stairs to my room. "Jaim, I can tell when you're lying to my face, we both know that" he said straightly, I nodded. "So then what's up? Why have you been so weird the past few weeks?" He asked. He folded his arms in front if him and I was really noticing that it was the little things that drove me crazy. The way he got when he was really concerned, the lip ring he had (I don't know why, I just always found that so sexy), the way he laughs, the sincere smile he has when we're together... Just everything about him really. Just standing there with him, alone, so close to him... I lost it. I grabbed the side of his neck and kissed him. I was about to let up when he wrapped his arms around my midsection and leaned further into the kiss, pressing me back against the wall. He disconnected our lips, forehead pressed lightly against mine. "You know, you coulda just said you like me" he said just above a whisper. I giggled softy. "You know me Punk, no I couldn't have" I said back. He shook his head softly smiling... Then I realized why I hadn't said anything all this time... I couldn't lose him... I couldn't risk losing my best friend, and to greatest thing to happen to me. The happiness flushed from my face and I disentangled myself from Punk's arms and got to my room, but Punk caught the door with his foot so it didn't fully close. He wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Aw c'mon baby, what happened? We were having a nice moment there" he whispered softly in my ear, kissing the skin right below it. I bit the inside of my lip, trying to keep myself under control... And believe me when I say, I was just BARELY working. "Punk, I can't..." I said trying to unclasp his hands, but it sucked that he was taller and much stronger than me.

"Can't be my girlfriend? Why?" He questioned softly.

"Because you're my best friend, you're who I come to for everything, I trust you with my life, and I can't risk losing you"

"You can't lose me Jaim, you couldn't even if you tried"

"You're wrong"

"No Jamie, YOU'RE wrong" he said turning me around in his arms so that I was looking straight into his perfect brown eyes. "You are the greatest friend I ever had, and if we go out and things don't work out, I swear on my life that nothing is going to change between us, everything will go right back to how it was, okay?"

I was debating whether to take the chance with him... But he's never lied to me before... And I don't think he'd start now. I pressed my lips against his and I was still skeptical about this, but I pushed it to the back of my mind, because Punk was all I'd been thinking about for weeks... And I finally had him to myself