Chapter 5

I sat in my hotel room with my headphones on playing music off my phone. I was currently on 'If You Wanted A Song Written About You All You Had to Do Was Ask' by: Mayday Parade... I may have been depressing myself further but at least I was calmed down now. I could just faintly hear knocking though my music and at first I thought I was crazy but then I paused my song and heard the knocking on my door continue. I walked over and looked thorough the peephole and saw John standing out there impatiently. I opened the door and he looked at my tearstained face and his face immediately softened. I half smiled and he walked in. "I look like shit, I know, what's up?" I said shutting the door and turning back to him. He was kinda just standing there looking me over. I was in my pair of baggy gray sweat pants and my old light blue middle school graduation shirt... I really never outgrew it. My hair was tied back in a messy ponytail and I had no make up on like I normally did, my cheeks were tearstained and my eyes were red and puffy... I really looked like shit. "You know what?" he said putting his hands in his pockets and leaning back against the footboard of the bed.

"What?" I asked folding my arms in front of me, leaning my weight over on one leg.

"I really don't see how Punk can cheat on you like that and not have an ounce of guilt on his conscience"

"I can"

"Why?"

"I was never good enough, it's pretty obvious"

"Not good enough? You? For him?" John was now away from the bed, standing up in front of me, one hand holding him up against the wall, capturing my dull green/gray eyes with his amazing blue ones. I was looking up at him (God I hate being shorter than everyone) with one of those innocent 3 year old looks and nodded without saying anything. "We have two totally different opinions on that one" he said quietly, his face now only inches from mine. "Really?" I asked softly. He chuckled.

"Who have you been hanging out with? Mike?" He joked.

"Please, you know who I've been around"

"Yeah... And I know who I wish you were around more"

"Really? Who then?" I asked even though I already had a pretty good idea. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine gently, but it just wasn't the same as Punk. Don't get me wrong, I did like it... But it was just something about Punk... The history? The infinite knowledge of each other? The way he always knew when something was off with me, and vise versa? I didn't know... All I knew was that I felt safe with Punk, I felt loved, needed, cared about... I felt... Complete basically. I pulled my lips back from John's and kept my eyes closed, biting my bottom lip. "What up?" He asked tilting my head back to look at him, and I slowly opened my eyes to look at him. I felt so bad right now because I could see he was trying to help me, that he was trying to help me get past Punk, that he really cared. "It's not that I don't like you John, I'm sorry, it's just..."

"You can't get past Punk?"

"Yeah, but it's not only that it's-"

"He completes you right? Knows everything about you? Was your first real friend in this business?"

I was in complete shock at this point, I was dumbfounded. "How? How did you know those exact words?" I asked in complete shock.

"You really need to think before you talk if you don't know that answer" he said. I looked at him funny. "You talk to me a lot more than you realize" and I started thinking about all the times I would talk to John backstage. We'd trade off things about ourselves, memories, favorite things, likes, dislikes, everything... and it was only hitting me now how much I actually talked to him. "I probably know just as much about you as your little "Punky" does, go ahead, question me!" He challenged taking a step back.

"What's my favorite restaurant dinner?" I asked, thinking he wouldn't have cared to know that.

"Ribs and mashed potatoes from Fridays" he said, not even thinking a minuet. I was shocked.

"Favorite color"

"SKY blue"

"Favorite rock band"

"KISS"

"Favorite WWE theme"

"I Came To Play"

"God fucking damn"

"Yeah, I pay attention"

"I just feel bad that I don't know anything about you really"

"How many brothers?"

"4" I responded without thinking, which surprised me

"Names?"

"Dan, Matt, Steve and Sean" again without thinking

"Favorite Anime movie?"

"Fist of the North Star"

"And you know nothing?"

"Shut it Cena"

My phone started buzzing on the bed. I walked over and saw Punk's picture pop up. I looked back at Cena and he understood I wanted him to go. He mouthed 'goodnight' and walked out as I slid my finger across the screen to answer. "What?" I hissed into the phone.

"Babe?" Came Punk's timid voice on the other end of the line.

"Don't call me babe you stupid little cheater bitch!" I shouted into the phone. Sadness and calmness was now replaced with anger and hatred.

"Jamie please-"

"Please WHAT?! Give you another chance?! It's not what it looks like?! Do you think I'm a DUMBASS?!"

"JAMIE LISTEN!!" We'll that got me to shut up. "I saw what was shown on WWE.com and that happened a while ago, I swear"

"But what about-"

"The date? Fake, edited in"

I didn't say anything, he could just as easily be lying to me right now as he could have been lying the past week, maybe even longer. "Jamie?" Came Punk's voice softly.

"I'll talk I you later Punk" I said and was about I hang up when I heard someone with Punk. "C'mon Punk! I'm waiting!" said a woman's voice in the background, and from my experience with his woman, I knew it was Lita. Tears started welling up again. "You're unbelievable Punk" I hissed.

"Jamie wait-" he said but I hung up the phone and threw it down on the bed. It hit the headboard with a loud bang but nothin happened to it since it had a case on, a very lucky case for that matter. I ran my fingers back through my hair and let out a huge breath trying to keep myself from crying again, I wasn't in the mood to cry over him again. There was a knock on my door and I opened the door to reveal Cena again. "I heard a loud sound from down the hall and everyone said it was coming from here, you okay?" He said with a slightly shy smile on his lips. I hesitated there got a second but I took a quick step forward, looped my arms around his neck, and kissed him. He reluctantly pulled away and looked at me a little weirdly. "I thought you said you couldn't get-" he started.

"He's not worth it" I put in cutting him off.

"What happened durring that phone call?"

"Lita"

He smirked. "Well, he doesn't deserve you if he's gonna go right back to what he did to hurt you" he said and pressed his lips to mine without hesitation.