Chapter 16

I sat in the hotel room, alone, and depressed. Well, back to square one. My music blared off my phone through my headphones and I really hated some of the songs that came on. "So tell me what you want to hear, something that will light those ears, sick of all the insinceres, I'm gonna give all my secrets away-"(1) Next. "You think I'm stupid but the truth is that it's cupid, baby, lovin' you has made me this way-"(2) Next. "Hey, good girl (hey, good girl). With your head in the clouds, I bet you I can tell you what you're thinkin' about. You'll see a good boy (you see a good boy). Gonna give you the world, but he's gonna leave you cryin' with your heart in the dirt! His lips are dripping honey but he'll sting you like a bee, so lock up all your love and go and throw away the key. Hey good girl (hey, good girl). Get out while you can, I know you think you got a good man. Why, why you gotta be so blind? Won't you open up your eyes? It's just a matter of time, 'til you find, he's no good, girl, no good for you. You better get to getting on your goodbye shoes and go, go, go... Better listen to me he's low, low, low..." (3) Okay, enough music. I shut off the music and took of my headphones, placing them both on the nightstand next to me. I walked out into my 3rd story room balcony and looked out and the first thing that caught my eye was Punk and my house. I could see him burst out into the front porch and look around frantically, probably trying to figure out where I could have possibly went. His eye caught the hotel which was in pure plain view and to my luck, I was the only one standing outside on any balcony right now. His gaze was trained in my direction and he was probably trying to figure out what room I was in right now. I walked back inside the room and picked up my phone and dialed Punk, he picked up after 2 rings. "Don't you dare" I warned.

"Jaim, I don't see what-"

"Just... Please... Don't ask... I need to think"

"Jamie please, I'm be-"

"Are you cheating on me again?"

I clutched the phone in my hands as I listened to the silence on the other end of the line. Don't cry Jamie, don't fucking-

"Jamie, why would you think that?"

"You're avoiding the question"

"No I'm not I just wanna know why you think that"

"I had a dream last night-"

"Really Jaim? This is over a dream?"

"Let me fucking finish" I barked and he shut up "my demonic type subconscious said you're cheating on me again and I just didn't want to believe it and I was just ignoring the signs"

"What signs?"

"Lately you've been overly sweet and romantic and shit, but before you cheated on me you were never like that"

"And?"

"And you were only like that to me whenever you wanted me to be happy or were keeping something from me that would make me cry until it didn't matter too much anymore"

There was silence again as he let my words sink in and I wasn't sure if this was going to turn out good or bad for me. "Jamie..." I knew that fucking tone of voice, that was the 'pleading with me not to be mad at him and forgive him for what he's done' tone. I knew it.

"You are, aren't you?"

"Jaim, I can-"

"Explain? Bitch please, you've explained before and I gave you a second chance... Why would you do that again?!" My voice was rising and my eyes were starting to sting.

"Jamie I'm sorry, but I didn't! I fucking swear to God Lita did it, all of it! I would never do that to you again!"

"Do what exactly? What did she do? What are you so damn sorry for?!"

There was silence for a second before I heard Punk's shuddering breath.

"Me and Lita... Slept together..."

(1)- Secrets <One Republic>

(2)- Walk Away <Kelly Clarkson>

(3)- Good Girl <Carrie Underwood>