Chapter 9

I sat in my room upstairs playing my music and checking everything possible on my phone. I heard a knock on the door and automatically thought it was John. "Not opening the door Johnny boy!" I said not taking my eyes away from my screen.

"Not even for your Codybear?" came Cody's playful voice from behind the door. I walked over to the door and leaned against it. "Let me get this straight, in supposed to open the door for you, and it's just gonna be you standing in the other side of this door?" I started dialing John's number and kept my finger hovering over the call button.

"Yeah" Cody answered and it sounded like he was ring honest but I clicked call and after a few seconds a ringer went off in the hallway.

"And you my dear Codybear are a liar" I responded clicking end.

"Jaim, open the door, please" said John sweetly on the other side of the door. I sighed at how little he had to say to persuade me of something. He stood in the open doorway, Cody long disappeared. "C'mon, you're seriously this mad?"

"Not mad, annoyed, there's a difference" I said walking back to the bed.

"You're annoyed I was trying to keep that lying, cheating douchebag away from you?"

"No, I'm mad you were fighting my battle for me, that was something I had to deal with if it came around, not you" John was right in front of me.

"Can you really blame me for wanting to protect you?"

"Can and am"

"Jamie... Look... I'll back off of it okay? I'll let you fight your battle, but he lays a hand on you and-"

"John"

"Oh come on"

"Fine, if he gets physical then you can get involved" I said giving in. John sat down next to me and pressed his lips to mine. He wrapped his arm around me and brought me closer to him. I cupped his cheeks, loving the feeling of his skin under my fingers. His lips traveled off my lips and down my cheek to my neck. I moaned and tilted my head slightly, I was loving the feeling. "Punk" I groaned softly, then I slowly started to realize what the fuck I had just said. I was hoping John hadn't noticed but he stopped and looked at me in confusion. "Wait, what?" He said confusedly. I was trying to find something to say, but gave up and half walked half ran out of the room. "Jamie!" called John after me, but I didn't stop. I went out the front door an had no idea where I was going but I wasn't gonna stop and go back there. I just groaned the man that betrayed me's name to the sweet and caring man who is trying his damned hardest to save me from him. I felt like an idiot, I'll bet I SEEMED like an idiot... Kill me.