Jeonghan: 1004

Dedicated to: @shiningSM17Es

An ethereal wind swept around your ankles and that omnipresent feeling as if someone was watching you stuck out like a sore thumb, BUT... You knew exactly who it was.

"Jeonghan... Stop lurking around in the shadows and hurry your ass up."

"How did yo- I wasn't following you... You just happened to be walking home my way." He stuttered for an excuse.

"Oh, so this route has your name on it? Please. We are next door neighbors and go to the same school if you want to walking home with me that badly, then ask."

A angelic smile spread its wings across his face, "Y/N, can I walk home with you from now on?"

"No."

His smile faded...

Truth be told, you like him... A lot. And you know that if you start getting to know him, then the feelings will grow like a rose bush until eventually it is too big of a pain in the ass that every time you try to clip away a few vines, you get pricked with a thorn.

He had always been the stereotypical boy next door; you used to watch him from your window as he pottered around in the garden next door to yours and he would almost always catch you.

Jeonghan stopped in his tracks, you turn to look at him over your shoulder, just a quick glance, but his expression brings you to a halt.

Eyes filled with hurt staring intently at his open palms; something about his posture made you feel rotten so you stormed over to his side and tugged on one of his hands.

He looks at you through his lashes, a slight pout in his lip and his puppy dog brown eyes glimmered in the light of the street lamps. His entire stature is sloppy and he seems slightly confused and clearly feels sorry for himself... But then again, you had just pied the boy.

"A girl can't wait all night." You smile.

His smile returns and he jumps into action, now tugging you forward with his large strides. His face was lit with the vivid orange light of the street lamps one minute then the next, drowned by the shadows.

He seemed aware. Too aware.

You shrug it off.

"So, you're telling me that you're an angel?" You laugh again.

"That's right." He was being so serious.

For the rest of the walk home you laugh and joke, the 40 minute walk seemingly shortened; for you it ends all too quickly. You smile up at Jeonghan and laugh at his puzzled expression, he didn't even realize that you were home.

You throw your arms out to either side of you and look around, his eyes follow yours nothing familiar to him until his crimson-brown eyes land on your house. Realization hits him had and his brows furrow as he looks back down at you, his eyes now full of knowledge.

"I will always watch over you Y/N." He whispers solemnly.

"Stop with the angel talk. I know you have my back, now I got yours." You drill your knuckles into his firm chest.

You give him a small hug before turning back to your house; you open your gate and slowly close it, lifting a hand to Jeonghan in a small goodbye gesture. He watches you go, a small smile parting his delicately pink painted lips.

Making you rattling keys into the door you unlock it, turning to say one last goodbye before closing the door.

"Mum! Dad!" You shout. "I'm home!"

"Through here!" Came your mothers voice.

They were both sat at the table with a lovely dinner spread out, you grin and hang you coat up before taking your place at the table.

It is nice, warm; a family meal full of laughs and jokes, but all the whole something is bugging you. What Jeonghan had said... How he hasn't realized his own street... Home.

It then hits you that you have never actually seen his parents or any movement in that home for as long as you've been aware. An lightbulb flashes furiously above your head you turn to your parents.

"Hey, how long have next door lived there?"

They both looked up from their plates.

"Thy moved in last week? You helpe-"

"No. Not that side, our neighbors to the right..."

Your dads eyebrows furrow. Deeper and deeper. He and your mum exchange a few quick glances before swallowing the rest of their food and placing their cutlery down.

"Honey, no one lives next door..."

Your brain goes into overload, you don't know what to make of it. All the times you had caught him in the garden looking at flowers... All the times he had followed you home just to make sure you're safe...

"I-i have to be somewhere." You laugh nervously before running back into your front garden.

He was gone.

Instead of going out of your gate, you jump over your fence into his front garden... Or at least what you had thought was his... It wasn't how you had remembered it. Brown and rotting flowers, overgrown bushes and grass, a smashed window..

You go to the front door and push, luckily for you it is open. Inside it is just as dead; cobwebs and torn wallpaper, pure exodus.

"Jeonghan?"

A loud bang sounds from upstairs and continues across the floor if the room above until something materializes in the dark at the peak of the staircase.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

A blue and yellow polka dot child's ball came into view and only stopped when it reached your feet. You had been holding you breath and suddenly let it out in a gush before palming the ball in your hands and glaring up the stairs of an eternal onyx abyss.

Okay, you will yourself, I told you I have you back didn't I?

You start up the stairs, with each step and newly sounding creak penetrates the silence; the air is so dry that you could practically feel it grit it between your teeth but you continue with the ball still in your hands.

The silence was deafening as you reached the only closed door upstairs. You wrap your clammy fingers around the door knob and turn, pushing the door forward and gasping at the sight in front of your eyes.

Light from the moon poured in through the window, illuminating the topless humanoid figure with smooth, shining purple scars in a V shape starting from each shoulder blade; disbelief and awe course through you as he turns his head to look at you with damped lashes.

"I-"

"I know..." he whispered. " When I said I was an angel, I was lying... I fell from Gods grace to be with the one I love... I'm nothing more than a mere fallen angel."

He moved forward, brushing his thumb across your cheekbone. You hadn't realized that he had been crying and you tilt you head, mimicking his facial expression from when you walked home together.

"You're more to me than just a 'mere fallen angel'..."

His eyes widen with your confession and his tears begin to dry on his ivory cheeks, his priceless smile returns and he hugs you tightly, pulling you into his warm embrace.

He lifts your face to his and kisses your nose, you feel a tear full of mysteries adventures and secrets splash onto your cheek, it isn't yours but it might as well have been because right now, you're in bliss.

~I don't know how I feel about this one