Chapter Twenty ~ Winter Wonderland

I just got on and realized I haven't written in like 9 months!

This is crazy! You guys probably hate me!

So I log on and see that I almost have 100 votes! What is this?!

Thank you to all of you who voted I love you all so much!

I seriously have the best followers in the world!

Ok, I'm going to write now

Thanks again! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Niall's POV~

I lead Charlotte out into the freezing cold air, there's at least four inches of snow on the ground already. We walk side by side in silence just taking in the scenery. I glance at Charlotte whose only inches away, her eyes fixed on the ground as if she's focusing on not stumbling through the snow. I focus on what's ahead, we should be there soon. I discovered this place only a few years ago, when I was looking for a place to just be alone and think. It had never even occurred to me that we lived so close to the coast of Ireland.

I can now see where the piece of land we're walking on ends, and I can slightly hear the sound of waves colliding with the jagged cliffs. Charlotte must hear it too because she asks what that sound it is.

"You'll see." I say. As we get closer to the ledge, where there's at least a ninety foot drop between up here and the water below, the sound of the waves is almost deafening. We are now almost to the ledge.

In just seconds we are standing at the very edge, one more step and we'd be plummeting towards are deaths, I have the sudden urge to protect Charlotte from the dangers this place has to offer.

"This is amazing," she explains, grinning as she looks out across the Atlantic ocean. The wind has picked up and the temperature seems to drop at least another ten degrees. I pull my coat close to my body, not feeling much of a relief. I join Charlotte and look out across the ocean, the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks below us.  

"If you jump in and just keep swimming straight you'll reach France." I tell her pointing towards the horizon, remembering my teacher telling us the same thing in school when I was younger.

"I've always wanted to go to France." She says. She turns to me.

"What's the most amazing place you've ever been to? She questions. I go over every country I've ever toured and think about some of the sights I've seen.

"Right here." I tell her, realizing nothing could ever compare to this view. Standing here looking out across the ocean makes me feel like I'm looking out across the whole world. For a second I want to stay here with Charlotte and never go back, never face the world again, I realize I could live here all my life with this girl standing right next to me and I'd be the happiest person on earth.

"When I was younger I always told people I was going to live right next to these cliffs when I was older." I mumble, just audible enough for her to hear over the roaring winds.

"Why don't you?

"They don't want anyone living this close to the cliffs." I admit.

"It would be beautiful." She says wistfully.

"What about you?" I ask, "What's the most amazing place you've ever been to?"

"Right here," She says looking at me, a small smile on her lips. She turns back to admire the view. Soon we are both sitting on the edge of the cliff, our legs dangling from the edge, I've got to admit it is pretty terrifying if you look down, so I just keep my gaze on the horizon. Charlotte seems unfazed by the towering height of the cliffs and realize this is the least scary thing she's probably ever been through.

"So," I begin. "What do you want to do when you graduate high school?" I ask. She considers this for a minute.

"I would love to play volleyball in college, somewhere far away from Butler. But I can't, I need to stay with my grandma, so I'll probably end up going somewhere in Pennsylvania." She says a hint of sadness in her voice.

"What do you want to study?"

"I don't know yet, maybe Journalism." She decides. "What about you?"

I honestly never even thought about college, I just guess I never thought of life after One Direction, I probably wouldn't even have to work, but deep down I'd always wanted to go to college, I always liked maths and science so maybe I could get a degree in one of those.

"I've never even thought about college." I admit.

"Don't you want to go to school and get a job?" She asks giving me a quizzical look.

"Honestly, I haven't really thought of my life after One Direction."

"If you love doing music you can do it for the rest of your life if you really wanted to, even after One Direction." I know she's right, it just never occurred to me that I would have a life outside of One Direction.

"You still have time too," she adds. I nod in agreement. A huge clash below brings our attention down to the ocean. The wave is so big I feel a few droplets of water hit my face, next to me Charlotte shivers indicating she must have gotten hit by the water too. I only realize then that she only has a light jacket and a long sleeve shirt underneath it. I slip off my coat and hand it to her.

"Here," I say, "take this."

"No, it's yours, you keep it." She reassures me, her teeth slightly chattering now.

"We'll share it then." I tell her and motion for her to come closer. She sits next to me and I wrap the coat around her, I put a protective arm around her and pull her close. The warmth of the coat radiates off of her, even with the wind I'm close enough to smell the scent of, maybe cookies, whatever it is, it makes me want to pull her closer. I start to think back to the other night when I held her in my arms, everything felt so right, she feels so right, I feel my heart beating quickly in my chest and hope she can't hear it. I shouldn't feel this way about her, she's leaving in a few days and I probably won't ever see her again, just thinking about this makes me want to stay here with her forever. We could live here for the rest of our lives, I could protect her from everything and she'd be mine forever. 

What are you thinking about?" She asks, pulling me away from my thoughts, she's now looking up into my eyes. God, I could get lost in her eyes for days. It takes everything I have not to kiss her at this very moment.

"You." I whisper.      

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually really like how this chapter turned out.

Next chapter is gonna be SO good!

Until then, have a great Thanksgiving if I don't get the next chapter up by then!

Sorry if there are any mistakes in this, I kind of had to write quickly!

Thanks again, love you! :)

~Maddieee