Chapter Twenty Two ~ Half a Heart

SURPRISE I UPDATED!!

Ok so I won't make this too long so you guys can start reading this chapter that I haven't posted for 9 months, but I just wanted to apologize for not updating! I actually wasn't going to finish this story but after receiving 254 notifications from wattpad, more than half comments wanting me to update and people voting for me so I decided I'd finish this! Plus I really do miss writing and I miss all of you guys. Also my wwa concert was last night and seeing the boys live for the first time made me want to finish writing so here you go!

Also this story does take place before Greg and Denise's wedding so please don't comment things like "where's theo?" Because this does take place before he's born and I'm very sorry but I promise it will still be cute and hopefully give you some 1d fetus feels. Ok I think that's all so enjoy the chapter and I plan to update again over the weekend so like, comment, vote, and anything else!

Hope you like it! :)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Niall's POV~

I didn't even realize it was Christmas until my mum came into my room the next morning and shook me awake, yelling, "It's Christmas, wake up!" When I heard the door close I opened my eyes and checked my phone, which read 7:15. It was too early for this. I hadn't gotten any sleep that night because I couldn't stop thinking about Charlotte. I even had a dream that I went back to America with her and we got married and lived happily ever after. If only life was that easy.

I got out of bed and slipped on a T-Shirt and jeans. I opened the door and stood inches away from Caitlin who looked a lot better.

"You're all better!" I smile.

"Of course," She says, "I couldn't let you guys spend Christmas without me." We both make our way out into the living room where the Christmas tree is lit up and presents are stacked underneath. I see my brother, Greg, sitting on the couch next to it, I also see a blond woman sitting next to him, his arm casually around her. They're still looking at the tree so they don't see Caitlin and I come in.

"Greg?" I ask. He turns around and grins. "Niall, Merry Christmas!" He walks up to me and gives me one of his signature bear hugs, the blond is now at his side.

"Caitlin, since when did you grow up?" Greg chuckles and hugs her as well. She laughs and mumbles something about being too tall. The woman clears her throat and Greg turns his attention back to her.

"Oh yeah, Niall, Caitlin this is my fiancée, Denise." He says introducing her. Wait his fiancée, since when is he getting married.

"It's so nice to meet you both!" She exclaims giving us both warm, friendly smiles.

"And you're both invited to the wedding!" She adds. "Oh and Niall, bring your girlfriend!"

"My girlfriend?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah, mum said Caitlin's friend was staying here too, and she told me liked her." Greg says smiling, clearly confused himself.

"Charlotte isn't my girlfriend." I tell him, they all start laughing, I roll my eyes.

"I've seen the way you look at her, and you always talk about her." Caitlin chuckles. I glare at Caitlin. She holds up her hands in surrender.

"You don't have to admit it." She says.

Suddenly mum comes in and throws a sweater at me. "Niall put this on, your aunt made it and she's coming over soon." I look at the sweater, a big reindeer with a red cotton ball nose on it.