Chapter Twenty Three ~ Don't Leave

OMG THIS STORY IS ALMOST OVER!

I'm thinking there will be another ten chapters or so, I know crazy right.

I'm not sure how frequent updates will be, because once again school and volleyball season has started and I will be very busy!

I will hopefully finish this story in the next two or three months though!

Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Charlotte's POV~

Lying to Niall had to be one of the hardest thing I had ever done, seeing the tears in his beautiful blue eyes broke my heart. The song he wrote for me made me realize how hard it was going to be to leave him. I had to do it though, he did deserve someone better, he deserved someone prettier, someone who wasn't so broken.

After I left Niall's room, I headed to my room, locked the door, and cried. Caitlin knocked on my door to see if I wanted breakfast, but I told her I wasn't feeling good and just wanted to stay in bed the rest of the day. I couldn't bear to see Niall again, if I did, I would change my mind.

It was now the next day, I hadn't slept at all that night. I kept thinking about him and how it was so much easier if I hadn't agreed to go in his room and accept the present he said he had for me. I took my phone and checked the time, only 3:30. I was getting tired of lying in bed, I got off the bed and made my way to the living room, my phone still in hand. I was surprised to see Niall sitting on the couch. Before I could head back to my room he turned around and saw me, I could see the hurt in his eyes when he saw me. It looked like he had been crying too.

"Um, I was just getting a drink of water." I say.

"You don't have to lie to me, Charlotte."

I take a deep breath and join him on the couch. He just stares at the T.V. which he had muted.

"Ya know, you were the first girl that hadn't tried to force me to marry her." He blurts out randomly.

"And you were the first guy who was speechless when he saw me." He looks at me and smiles, he runs a hand through his hair and I notice his cheeks are blushed.

Suddenly my phone rings, playing "Counting Stars," by One Republic. I look at the caller I.D. which is a number I've never heard of before, I answer it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Charlotte Wescott?" A guy asks.

"Yes?"

"Hi, this is Dr. Sullivan at Pittsburgh Urgent Care. I was just calling to tell you that your grandmother was admitted into the ER tonight."

"For what?" I ask getting extremely worried, Niall is now looking at me, he must hear the desperation in my voice.

"She had a heart attack."

"Will she be ok?" Tears are now threatening to escape from my eyes.

"I'm not so sure, you might want to get here quickly."

"I'm in Ireland, but I'll be there as soon as I can!"

"Ok, but hurry." He says and hangs up the phone.

"Is everything ok?" Niall asks, the hurt in his eyes is now replaced with worry.

"My-my grandma... she had a heart attack, I need to get to Pittsburgh." I choke out through the tears that are now pouring down my face.

"I'm so sorry, Charlotte." He now has his arm around me, I can smell his familiar scent, which makes me feel a little better. "I'll go get my mum." He says