Chapter Two ~ No Pressure

Here's the long awaited Second Chapter!

Hope you like it! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly put the silver dog tag away in my bag, time to start the game that could change my life. No pressure there I thought

"Wish me luck dad." I whispered after making sure it was just me left in the locker room.

  We were soon on the court warming up for the game. Out of the corner of my eye I saw my coach talking with the scout from UCLA. After we were warmed up and everything, it was time to start the game. We were playing Westfield, a private school right outside of Butler. They were a pretty good team, but I wasn't worried about that.

"Captains!" The ref called

Becca, another girl on my team, and I ran over.

We decided what sides we were on and everything and started the game.

We all gathered in our team huddle and strategized.

"Good luck girls!" Our coach, Coach Katie, exclaimed.

We all put our hands in the middle.

"1-2-3 Tigers!" We all shouted in unison.

  We all got into our positions and we played just like it was a regular game. I forgot all about the scout from UCLA and played the sport I loved. It had to be one of the best games we've ever played. I went after every ball, dived, and saved every ball I could. We were actually winning too.

  5 points left I thought to myself looking at scoreboard. Only a minute left and we were tied. Westfield was serving. They served the ball, I dived into the corner and saved it. Yes POINT! It was our serve now. Caitlin was up to serve.

"Come on, babe!" I whispered to her as she walked past me.

"Don't worry hun, I got this." she whispered back giggling.

   She served the ball and it was over. They returned it easily. I saved it and we hit it back over. They couldn't return it. All of a sudden a buzzer went off. The game was over and we won! We all ran into a huddle hugging eachother. Everyone was yelling and cheering, we were all jumping around.

"Charlotte." I heard my coach say

"Yes coach?" I asked finally spotting her in the crowd of people.

"There's someone who wants to meet you." she smiled

I walked over to her and another lady, the scout from UCLA I guessed.

"Hi Charlotte, i'm Catherine Harris, i'm in charge of all things volleyball at UCLA, its very nice to meet you." she told me offering out a hand.

I shook her hand

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled

"Charlotte, I was very impressed with how you played tonight." She commented

"Thank you!" I couldn't get the smile off my face.

"Charlotte, it would be an honor if you came to UCLA and we would be honored to have you on our volleyball team."

"REALLY?!" I asked in disbelief.

"Really, we would, you are a great player!"

"Thank you!" I couldn't help but blushing, a scout from UCLA thought I was good!

"Now we'd really like if you could come visit and we'll start talking about schalorships too." She stated

"I will definitely visit!" was all I could say, this was like a dream come true. For college I could be going to UCLA, THE UCLA and nothing, I repeat nothing, was going to get in the way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the crappy chapter!

Also sorry if anyone was confused i'm not that great at explaining stuff especially volleyball(even tho I play it... lol)!

Get ready for Chapter 3 big things are coming!!! :D

-Maddieeee