My Best Friend's Cousin ~ One Direction Fanfic {Niall Horan}

Heyyy guise!!! :)

So this is my first story, I'm so excited to start writing it!

I've had this idea in my head for awhile and I finally decided to put it on paper (well the internet) I hope you all enjoy it!

~Maddieee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PROLOGUE:

As a little girl my grandma would always read me stories, my favorites were always the princess stories, like the ones where the girl finds her prince charming and they get married and live happily ever after. I remember always asking her, after the she was finished reading the story, if I would ever find my prince charming and she'd tap my nose and say

"Char, you will find your prince charming and one day you will be a princess," "Will I live in a castle too, grandma?" I'd ask her and she would always smile and say "the biggest castle you can imagine."

Everything during those moments would always seem perfect, everything was perfect until that day where my life seemed ruined, I remember every detail about that day, everything from the soldier coming to our house to my mom becoming that careless bitch, it had to be the worst day of my life and it changed my life forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since my dad told my mom and me he was going to war, I had worried every day for his life, I knew my dad though, he wouldn't go down without a fight, he was strong, but I still worried. My dad and I were really close, when I was a little girl he'd always take me to this park by our house and we'd play football or soccer I was 'the boy he never had' or that's what he always told me with a small chuckle, I loved my dad. Mom and I were close too, but dad and I had this special bond, we seemed to have this special understanding of each other. My grandma always told me I looked like him too, I got his sparkling hazel eyes, his brown hair with its sun kissed streaks in it, I even got his laugh, well not the exact same laugh, but my grandma told me my dad had this contagious laugh that could put a smile on anyone's face and supposedly my laugh could do that too.

I can still picture everything about him in my mind, his favorite shirt, the one that I bought him for his birthday one year that was way to big, but he still wore it all the time. I even remember how, when he concentrated on something, he'd stick out his tongue and when he would get nervous or he wasn't sure of something he'd bite his bottom lip. Even I found myself doing these things sometimes, now when I do them it brings tears to my eyes. That day seemed to change me, it made my heart feel like it was being ripped in two, I will never forget that feeling it was the worst feeling i'd ever gone through and hope to never go through again. It was just a beautiful day in May, my last day of school too, it should've been the best day ever, but it wasn't at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 18, 2004

I was only 9 and it was the last day of school, I was so excited, my best friend Caitlin and I had so many plans for the summer. I was walking home from school that day by myself, Caitlin had already left for her family vacation to Hawaii, as my house came into view I started running, I was so excited!

"Mom i'm home!" I yelled as I came through the door to our small house.

I figured she was in her office studying, she was going to nursing school and always seemed to be studying for tests. I went to my room and turned on my laptop. As I laid down on my bed I heard the doorbell ring.

"I got it!" my mom yelled. I wished she would've never answered it.

Someone had just come to tell us our worst fears had come true: my dad was dead, his buddies and him were blown up from a roadside bomb, the soldier came by to let us know. I heard my mom burst into tears, so I opened my bedroom door and ran down the hall where she was crying