The Railroads

I've never been one of the popular kids. I've never had a lot of friends. But my friends are the best friends anyone could ask for. We're all the same, the six of us. We're all outcasts, misfits. We don't belong anywhere but with each other.

Most of the time, we hang out at the Railroads running through the abandoned military grounds. There's not much left of it except a few concrete bunkers and an empty pool. We go there because nobody else does. And nobody knows we hang out there. It's our own place to get away from things. Whether it is our shitty family situation or the lack of one. We found each other through our tough times. I don't know how we did it but somehow we managed to pass by each other at the time we needed someone most. They've all been my brothers for so long now and I wouldn't trade them for a real one even if I could.

All of us go to the same school even though we'd rather just wander around our Railroads all day. Me and Taehyung are in the same grade because we're the same age. And so is Jungkook, he's really smart so he skipped a few grades when he was younger. As did Namjoon with his iq of 140 so now he's in the same grade as Yoongi. Jin has already graduated but he waits by the school gates every day so we can all go to the Railroads together. We love spending time with each other. In fact we spend so much time together that some couples have even formed. Namjoon finally confessed his love for Jin after Jin's graduation because he was afraid that Jin might move away. Of course that was never Jin's plan in the first place because he was truly, madly, deeply in love with Namjoon.
Tae and Jungkook are an item as well. They had been really clingy towards each other for quite awhile before one of them had dared to make the first move and make things official but they've been together for a couple years now.
Yoongi also has a boyfriend but he lives a few towns away so we don't see him very often. Every now and than however Yoongi takes him to the Railroads with him to hang out with the rest of us and we don't mind because he's quite a chill guy.
As for me... I am the only one who's still alone. And even though I enjoy the company of my friends, I would love to have someone to cuddle up to at night at one of our usual bonfires. Someone to ask me how my day has been. Someone to kiss me good night...

Thinking about it now, I have one crazy, weird group of friends, don't I? These guys are my everything. In fact they are the only people I actually like to be around. I've never been much of a people person and neither have my friends. The only time we like to have a crowd around us is when we perform. All of us dance and sing or rap. We've formed our little band and the Railroads are the perfect place for us to practice for shows. Not many people actually come to these shows but those few who do are greatly appreciated, they make us feel wanted for once, they make us forget about all the bullshit happening outside of that tiny concert hall.

One day after school, when we were just about to leave for the Railroads, Tae said he had to go pick something up so he didn't join us right away. He wouldn't tell us what it was so we just left him to go do whatever it was that he was going to do.
The rest of us went to the Railroads by foot. It's a few miles away from the school, through the woods outside the city. We like to walk all the way there, it brings peace to our troubled minds. Sometimes Jin picks us up in his truck and the maknae line will just sit in the open trunk of the car, letting the wind blow through our hair. These moments are always unforgettable and I cherish every single one of them because I am so thankful for my friends. Jin always takes a camera with him to capture these moments. Whether it is a polaroid camera or one to film us do crazy things, he always has one on him. And at the end of the day he'll proudly show us the memories we created that day.

We arrived at the abandoned military domain and went to our usual spot by the empty pool. There was still some trash there from yesterday and the remains of that night's bonfire. We usually just let the rain wash away these things. Because there's always plenty of it. Rain. I love listening to the sound of it. Most people don't like rain but I think it's relaxing, it works as a therapy to forget about all my worries. Every now and then, when it's raining and everyone is hiding in one of the bunkers or in the old train wagon, I will just go out into the rain and let it soak my body as I lay on the ground.

Others  may think I'm weird, but my friends know that that is just who I am and they love me anyway...

--------
Alrighty then, first chapter of the new story, hope you enjoy ☺️ updates will be following soon. Tell me what you think so far?
TentaiReo  here's one for you 😊