Eight

Hailee's POV
<<The answer is B!>> I say proudly with a wide smile and Mr. Wilson nods. I've been trying so hard lately to be the best student in class and I'm pretty sure I'm so close to-
The class' door opens and Jared gets in. But of course he's not alone.. He's with Samantha! They're holding hands and I feel my heart beat faster and my stomach hurts. I turn to look at him and he's already looking at me with a small -almost evil- smile. What was that for? They sit in the empty seats in the front and I look away. I can't take it anymore.. I want to disappear! Mr Wilson raises an eyebrow at Jared and he just shrugs.
<<Okay class! Remember to study for the next week's test.>> he says and the bell rings. I quickly collect my stuff and head out of the room. I don't care about Jared.. He can do whatever he wants! To be honest I really do care about him because he's not the type of guy who skips classes or hooks up with girls but maybe I just don't know him at all. As I'm heading to my locker I hear loud whispers and laughs. Perfect! Look what the geek's wearing! These baggy sweaters make her look so ugly..
Ew look at her hair! A bird can built its nest in there!
I ignore them and just keep walking. I spot Meg and when I'm about to walk to her direction a hand grabs my elbow. I turn around and see Jared with his face full of red lipstick.
<<Hey, classmate!>> he says in a fake excited voice. If he wants to play, I'll play with him,too.
<<Hey Jared!>> I say with a small innocent smile. He smiles widely at me and I fake a giggle. He seems taken aback from my behavior but he just ignores it.
<<I wanted to inform you about the football match this Sunday. You're coming, right?>> he says and I nod.
<<Of course I'm coming!>> I say and he nods with an evil smirk playing across his lips.
<<See you later.>> I say and turn to leave. I head towards Meg's direction who doesn't seem to notice me because she's staring at Kail who's "busy" flirting with two other girls. I thought Jared was the biggest jerk but now Kail should take his place. Kail and Meg used to hang out together two years ago and I thought Kail liked her because I would catch him secretly staring at her. But people change. He changed... We changed.. It isn't our fault that he chose to become a heartless jerk and stop talking to us. A loud sob distracts me from my thoughts. Meg's crying and as I always do I grab her hand and lead her to the girls bathroom. I hate it when Meg's crying. I hate to see her crying especially for Kail. I want to cry too but I won't because I need to calm her down not to make her cry more. But who I'm kidding? I will end up crying alone in the bathroom because I'm just a stupid shy, unsocial and sensitive girl that's why I don't have lots of friends. I only have three best friends Meg, Lucy and Stacy and five other friends that we rarely hang around. I open the bathroom's door and what I see makes me want to throw up. Jared is pushed against the wall and Samantha is kissing his neck. Jared seems to struggle to get away but that's probably not what he's trying to do. He probably wants to push her away so that he can be the one pushing her against the wall. Yeah that's what he's probably trying to do. When he sees me his eyes widen but immediately his lips turn into a smirk and stops pushing Samantha. From the corner of my eye I can see Meg looking at me with a worried expression but I can't look at her. I decide to ignore the pain in my chest and continue what I was about to do before I saw them.
<<Hey guys!>> I say loud enough for Samantha to notice me and stop what she's doing. She just mumbles a hi and doesn't make a move to stop. I grab a tissue and start fixing Meg's make up. Isn't she embarrassed? I just caught her doing these things but she doesn't seem to care.
<<Hey girls! What's up?>> Jared asks in a calm voice that makes me want to punch his jaw very very hard. When I'm done with Meg's make up we walk out of the bathroom and head out of the school. Today we only had 4 classes because the boys need to practice for the football game this Sunday. Jared is playing too but I'm sure he prefers to stay in the bathroom with her than-
<<Are you okay?>> Meg asks and I stifle a laugh.
<<Why wouldn't I?>> I ask with a sarcastic voice and she just sighs. I spot Lucy on a bench watching the boys practise and we go sit beside her.
<<Hey girls!>> Lucy says in an excited tone.
<<Hey!!>> Me and Meg both say in the same time and Lucy laughs. We discuss for a bit until Jared joins the boys in practice.
<<He shouldn't miss practices if he wants to win Dylan's team!>> Lucy says referring to Jared. Wait what?! Dylan's?
<<Dylan's?>> I ask surprised and she nods.
<<Yeah you know the cute guy with the big blue eyes. The one I saw you skateboarding with on Sunday!>> Lucy says and I look away guilty. Oh no.. She saw us now I have to explain.
<<What?!>> Meg asks very loudly and everyone around including the boys turn to look at us. Seriously?!! Why can't they just mind their own damn business?! All the boys turn to look at me with a surprised expression. Oh no! Don't tell me I said that aloud?
<<What was that for?>> Meg asks and I try to hide my face with my hand so no one will notice my embarrassed expression.
<<Stop talking!>> I whisper to them and they start to laugh. For gods sake shut the fuck up. That's so embarrassing..
<<Why are you laughing?>> I ask and look at them from behind my hand.
<<Dylan's staring at you for awhile now!>> Meg whispers to my ear. Dylan's here? And I thought things couldn't get any worse. I slowly remove my hand from my face and look down.
<<He's still looking at you!!>> Lucy says and I groan.
<<Why? Do I have something in my face?>> I say and turn to look at them.
<<Yeah!>> Lucy says. And I start to panic.
<<What is it?>> I ask trying to hide my face again.
<<Eyes! You have eyes! Oh you have a mouth,too!>> Lucy says in a fake panicked tone. I hit her arm and she frowns. I look away from them and my eyes meet Dylan's. He looks so hot today but I still hate him for making fun of me with Chase but I won't show that to him. He smiles at me and I fake a smile , too.