Twenty Four

Dylan's POV
<<Hey! Lucy!>> I shout behind her trying to catch her attention. I approach her and notice she's not alone. A ginger red-haired boy is right beside her. He doesn't seem familiar. In a small town like ours is quite difficult not to notice a red haired boy. I see him place his hand on her waist and I abruptly stop their conversation with my -a but too loud- voice.
<<Heyy Lucy!!>> I almost yell but still manage to give her a bright smile.
<<Oh hey Dyl! What's up?>> she asks casually even though the red boy still has his hand on her waist. If he doesn't remove it by himself I'm gonna be the one to do it. I must be staring at his hand for awhile now because when I turn to face him I see him smirk. Jerk.
<<Louis. Nice to meet you.>> he says extending his hand.
<<Dylan.>> I say calmly but avoid shaking his hand to prevent me from losing my patience.
<<So.. What are you doing here?>> Lucy asks smiling at me.
<<I thought all the town was invited on this restaurants' opening.>> I say confidently but when I hear Louis chuckle I can't help but ask.
<<What's so funny?>> I ask clearly annoyed.
<<I think she meant outside the girls' bathroom.>> he says and bursts into a louder fit of laughter. OK that's it. I'm going to kill him right now. I take a step towards him but Lucy places her hand on my chest and blocks my path.
<<Anyways.. Wanna come with me? I'm going to grab a drink.>> she says avoiding my gaze.
<<Okay.>> I say and take a step back. She grabs my hand and leads me out of the hall and into the big crowd. I can't help but think what was he doing at the girls' bathroom with Lucy.
<<What were you doing in the bathroom with him?>> I ask unexpectedly and Lucy stops in her tracks.
<<What?>> she says and turns to look at me. Now it's late to take it back.
<<I said what were you doing with him in the bathroom.>> I repeat looking in her hazel eyes.
<<So that's what you think about me!?>> she asks annoyed and I've already regretted what I just said.
<<Uhm.. Lucy I didn't mean like that. I->>
<<Yeah right! Then what did you mean? Because I thought you meant if I was kissing or doing this disgusting things drunk people do in the bathrooms!>> she rushes her words shouting.
<<Lucy! Sorry.. I didn't want to insult you and I know you're not that type of girl. I'm sorry!>> I say and sigh running my hand through my messy blonde hair.
<<What's wrong with you anyways? You're acting weird!>> She states the obvious.
<<Nothing.>> I lie for the first time to her and I already feel awful.
<<You're lying.>> she says matter-of-factly.
<<I'm not.>> I insist and she groans.
<<You are!>> She insists too.
<<No!>>
<<Yes!>>
<<No!>>
<<Yes!>>
<<N->>
<<Hey Guys!>> A voice interrupts us and we both turn to glare at him.
<<What?!>> we both yell at Chase and he looks at us like we're aliens. He then puts his hands up in surrender and makes his way back to the crowd. I turn to look at Lucy but she's looking at the ground kicking her feet repeatedly.
<<Sorry.>> I apologize again.
<<No I'm sorry!>> she says turning to look at me.
<<No I'm the one who started it!>> I say putting my hands in front of my chest.
<<Yeah but I shouldn't react like that!>> she says mimicking my action and puts her hand in front of her chest.
<<No because my question was not something I should ask you!>> I yell for her to hear me through the loud music that starts playing.
<<It's not all your fault!>> she says trying to convince me but I shake my head.
<<It is!>>
<<No it's not!>>
<<Yes!>>
<<No!>>
<<Yes!>>
<<No! And that's final!>> she says stomping her foot on the ground.
<<Fine!>>
<<Fine!>>
<<Good!>>
<<Better!>>
<<The best!>> wait what did I just say?
<<Will you dance with me?>> I ask trying to ease the tension.
<<No.>> she says and gives me an evil smile.
<<No?>> I ask with a smirk and she nods.
<<No.>> she says and I take a step towards her.
<<Still a no?>> I ask taking another step towards her.
<<Still no!>> she says and takes a few steps back.
<<Then I guess I'll have to persuade you.>> I say with a smirk.
<<If you catch me! Ha!>> she says and starts running away pushing some people out of her way. I run behind her and put some people out of my way. Everyone gives us weird stares but that doesn't stop Lucy and me either.
<<Lucy! You know I'll catch you!>> I say almost behind her.
<<Yeah! Lucky me!>> she says ironically and fastens her pace. Oh god this girl is unbelievable!
<<Oh come on!>> I say exhaustion clear in my voice. She opens the glass door and runs away from the restaurant. I fasten my pace too and I'm sure I'm going to win this game.
<<Gotcha!>> I say as I grabbed her arm but she trips and we end up falling with her on top of me.
<<That was fun!>> she says trying to catch her breath. Her smile turns into a frown when her eyes turn to look behind me. I turn to look what is behind me but she just grabs my face with her hands. I groan in pain and she gives me a sheepish smile. She gives again a quick glance behind me but turns her attention back at me. She shakes her head looking at the ground and I give her a confused look.
<<What's wrong?>> I ask her concern lacing in my voice.
<<Nothing. Do you want to go back there and dance?>> She asks and I nod. We stand up and I turn around to find out what made her smile turn into a frown but nothing is there.

Hey guys.. My story is going downhill. My reads are going down unfortunately. I would appreciate it if you can share my story to your friends or social media. Maybe I should stop it I don't know. See you. Vote share and comment. Bye.