Eleven

Dylan's POV
I hate being ignored and especially from Jared. I tried to apologize because my mum asked me to (yeah I know what you're thinking a boy who listens to his mum pfft very funny!) but anyways today he's been even avoiding my gaze. And it's not even my fucking my fault! He started getting on my nerves first and I just lost control of my actions. It's 7 in the afternoon and I don't know what to do. I'm bored as hell. I should call Hailee and ask her if she wants to go for a walk. I open my school's bag pocket but I can't find my phone. Great! I should go to her house and ask her. I get out of my bedroom's window and fall to the ground with a loud thud. I hope mum didn't hear me because I'm not allowed to go anywhere after the incident with the asshole. I stand up and start running towards the opposite street before someone sees me. It's pretty cold outside right now and I'm just wearing a black hoodie and basketball shorts.But who cares? I start walking towards her house that is a few blocks away. When I reach it I see her bedrooms lights on so I decide to climb up her window because I don't want her parents to see me.. Or maybe because I want to surprise her. I smirk to myself and start climbing. I open her window and quietly get in. She's not in her room. I groan and then I hear her laughter from behind the door and a smile forms in my lips. She opens the door and steps in. She hasn't noticed me yet and I try not to laugh. I step towards her and..
<<Boo!>> I say and she screams. I put my hand over her mouth to silent her and she turns to look at me with wide eyes.
<Shh! We don't want your parents to see me, right?>> I ask her and she nods. I remove my hand from her mouth and she releases a big breath.
<<You scared the hell out of me!>> She whispers-yells and I just shrug my shoulders. She rolls her eyes in the cutest possible way and then asks me.
<<Why are you here anyways?>> She asks and furrows her eyebrows in confusion. Oh god she's adorable. She waves her hand in front of my face and I awkwardly cough.
<<Huh?>> she asks and I stare at her eyes for awhile before answering.
<<I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk or something because I am bored.>> I say and try to play it cool but it's so hard when she's looking at me with her big brown eyes.
<<Okay but why didn't you just call me?>> she asks.
<<I should have forgotten my phone to school.>> I say and she nods.
<<Okay then let's go!>> she say and puts on a cardigan.
<<I'll go first.>> she says and gets out of her window carefully. I watch as she tries to remove her cardigan from the window and I help her. She climbs down first and then it's my turn. When I reach the ground, we hear her mothers voice getting closer and I grab her hand and we start running away. A few meters away we stop and try to catch our breaths.
<<So.. where are we going?>> she asks when she finally catches her breath.
<<I was thinking the abandoned house near the park.>> I say and her mouth forms an "O"
<<What? It's kind of creepy there. >> she says and I laugh.
<<Why? Are you scared?>> I ask her raising both of my eyebrows. She hesitates a moment but then she speaks.
<<To be honest, yes.>> she says and frowns.
<<Don't worry I'll protect you.>> I say and she gives me a funny look but when she sees my serious face she quickly nods.
_______________________

I kick the door and it opens with a squeaky noise that makes Hailee hug me from behind. I smile, grab her hand and lead her inside. There are pieces of broken glass everywhere and we carefully walk towards the stairs. We head upstairs and see an open door. We walk in and see a red liquid in the floor.
<<Oh my god! Oh my god!>> Hailee says and closes her eyes. I look around and see a dead mouse. I burst out laughing.
<<Why are you laughing?>> she asks both terrified and confused.
<<It's the blood of a mouse. Not humans.>> I say and even though its pretty dark in here I can see her blush.
<<Oh yeah.. Right..>> She says and looks down at her feet embarrassed. I shake my head and reach for her hand. I intertwine our fingers together and she smiles at me.