The burned village and the waterfall

It was late at night. Coil was asleep. Hours ago he returned and apologised to Heat. Now all he wanted to do was rest. But... He couldn't. He had nightmares. It was a nightmare about Moon shouting at him. Then Luna woke up. Her face was white with fear like a ghost that had never seen light. She saw Coil and walked towards him. Coil was freaking out while asleep. She nudges him. Then Coil suddenly awakened and he looked at Luna.

"Ah! M-m-moon don't hurt me please!" He begged.

"I'm not Moon it's me, Luna" she said with a smile.

"Moon is asleep with Heat. Are you ok!?" said Luna.

"No... I had a nightmare..." Said Coil as he looked around.

"It's just us awake..." He said.

Luna looked away from him again, embarrassed.

"I can't sleep. Can you?" Said Coil.

"No... My memories of my past are stronger here and it's keeping me awake" said Luna.

She looked back at him.

"You look good at night" said Coil.

"Oh erm... Thanks" she said as she lies down next to him.

"Want to talk?" Said Coil.

"Yeah" said Luna as she stared at the moonlight.

She went into her bag and got out mr Cuddles. She held him tightly. Coil looked at the toy.

"That's a nice toy" he said.

Luna was slightly offended.

"Mr Cuddles is not a toy! He is my friend..."

She explained everything to him about her toy and how it keeps her safe.

"Wow... That's heartwarmingly sad... I'm sorry..." He said.

"It's fine." Said Luna putting mr Cuddles away.

Coil looked at Moon and Heat asleep.

"Moon and Heat are asleep together. It's kinda cute. Man... I wish I could find... L-love..."

He looked at Moon and Heat then at Luna.

"Yeah... It's got to be the best felling in the world when you know you're loved or in love" she said.

Coil looked at her. Luna looked at him. They stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity.

"Maybe... M-m-maybe we should uh... U-um... G-get to s... Sleep!" He said nervously.

Luna nodded in agreement. They both said goodnight before they fell to the ground asleep and tired. Tomorrow is another day...

Morning... It's the time where most people are busy. But not Coil, Luna, Moon and Heat. They woke very late in the morning. It seemed like the afternoon. Then, Moon and Heat were talking...

"Our old village is around here somewhere. Should we go?" Said Heat.

"We must ask Luna first" replied Moon.

Coil woke up. He had been dreaming about Luna. His face went a little red.

"Just a friend... Just a friend..." He repeated.

Luna woke up. She had slept next to Coil. She looked at him then looked away in embarrassment remembering everything that happened last night. Moon walked towards Luna.

"Morning. And it looks like Luna didn't have another nightmare. That's a relief" she muttered.

"Anyways, want to go visit our old village?" She said.

Luna immediately got up and shouted.

"YES YES YES!!!" She said.

She knew it would bring back bad memories but she just wanted to relieve her childhood memories.

"But we must be careful for the hunters" stated Moon as she walked off.

Luna followed her and Coil tagged along with her. They all arrived at a burned village that smelled foul with burnt and decaying wood. However, there was flowers blooming from the floor and the houses. Then there was the waterfall. Luna had spend countless hours as a child playing in the waterfall with her only friend Ashley and mr Cuddles. She dived right in the pond in the waterfall. Coil dived in with her. They both laughed.

"Me and Heat will be near the cliff where we first... F-fell in love..." Said Moon with a blush.

She walked away with Heat next to her. They were out of sight.

Coil and Luna were having fun. They were in the pond. Coil splashed water at Luna playfully. Luna dived under and jumped behind Coil.

"BOO!!!" She screamed as Coil got a shock and fell on her.

"Ow... You ok? I'm sorry" said Coil.

"It's fine and there's no need to apologise" said Luna.

Then... They looked at each other... They looked in there eyes. Something sparked between these 2 pure souls. Something... strange was going on between them... Something... Magical. Something... Beautiful. Was this love?