#12. Dinners

#12. Dinners

Kadesha's POV

I saw the one and only, Mike Conley. I wasn't expecting this. Neither of us did because you could just see priceless faces on my friends.

The Memphis Grizzlies and the Los Angeles Clippers are here for what? I mean it's only the fourth of February and as far as I think the game of Grizzlies this February is on the twenty-seventh.

"Hey, guys." Blake greeted us slowly. I guess we didn't expect this all. We all nodded and the waitress named Rose left us here and I wanna go home so bad because I'm nervous seeing Mike for the first time in forever. I'm a bit nervous and a bit confident 'cause I can face him right now but I really need support by my friends.

We just waved and proceeded to our designated table. This is not good. I thought to myself.

-----

One month later.

"Kadesha?"

I turn around and saw Alex.

"Yeah?" I asked and walk towards her.

She gave me a weak smile, "Are you okay?" I raised my eyebrow, "Of course, I'm fine. How can you say that I'm not?"

I bit my lip to stop the tears from flowing. For the past month, it was bad. Very bad. My plan to forget him was broken. He was just there, staring at me and doing nothing while it stabbed my heart a thousand times. And that certain dinner opened a thousand doors for him. I'm not saying that I blame Ayesha for that but I guess it's good. Why? Me and Mike got close, again. That closeness was bad because I was about to forget him, but now, what? My sacrifices was a waste. But somehow, I always thought that what if it didn't happen?

I thanked them a lot because if it didn't really happen, maybe I may not fond the missing piece in my heart. As much as I ignore him with all of my power, my heart and mind isn't with me. And the reason that I'm crying is that I can't take the fact that I love him and I will always be.

"C'mon, K. We all know that you love him but you just can't see it. As much as we don't want to see you in pain, we also want you to be happy. And we know that one person can make you happy and that is him. Mike Conley Jr. can make you happy like no one else can. Kadesha, don't be afraid to face the truth 'cause it will set you free. Free from everything and the moment that you say everything to him, it'll be the time you'll realize that you're free," She paused for a while. I looked at the ground but she placed her hand under my chin and made me to face her. "I know you can do it. We know that you can do it. We may not know what Mike feels but at least he knows what you feel and what if it's mutual?"

I ran my fingers through my black hair, "What if isn't mutual? I will look like a homeless dog!"

"No you won't! Take this in mind, K, you'll never know his reaction until you risk for it," She sighed and took my hands, "Do it for me, for us. Please, this will lead you to a better situation."

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, "I'll think about it."

She nodded and goes straight to the door, "Pleae think about it wisely."

‡†‡

"You were always my sweetest nightmare."

‡†‡