Chapter 8: Leonora

Marie's POV

As we went out of the kingdom, I could now see everyone's animal side. I saw Ranie's orange fluffy tail and ears.

But Isaac, his animal side was a goat. He had grey goat horns, white ears and a fluffy white tail.

The horses galloped through the endless forest, not letting little disgusting creatures or branches stop their way.

Neigh! One of the horses said as it slowed down.

It was my horse. But I don't know why she suddenly slowed down.

I signalled the others to slow down too.

"What's wrong Marie?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know bit I think my horse senses something peculiar."

Isaac looked around suspiciously. Then he said "Come on, MOVE IT!" As he signaled the horses to move, really fast.

My horse galloped as fast as she could. "HIYA!" I said to make her go faster.

"What is it Isaac?" Ranie asked, breathing heavily.

"Wolves...," He said.

The clipity clop hooves of the horses sounded through the woods. The growling of the wolves grew closer.

"They're gaining on us!" I said loudly.

Suddenly, a person with a black cloak jumped from the bushes behind us.

"Quickly! Run away and go inside the first cave you see. GO NOW!" The person said.

From the voice, it sounded like a female and it was very familiar.

We had no choice but to trust her so we made our horses gallop really fast until we reached a cave.

Over the horizon, we heard growling and the moaning of the wolves. Then the sounds disappeared.

I was breathing heavily after that chase. I patted my horse on the head and said "Is everyone okay?"

"Yes," Isaac said still breathing heavily "I wonder who was that?"

"What are you doing here in the woods?" A voice said from behind us.

It was the girl in the black cloak. This time, I saw her face. It was red from exhaustion.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to see her face more.

The girl took off her cloak.

It was Leonora.

She now had the black cloak off. Under that was her brown shirt, white pants, and brown shoes. Of course, she was like us, half animals so she had lion ears and a long, silky lion tail. She also has long, black hair and brown eyes.

"Leonora! What are you doing here?" Ranie said loudly.

"Shhh!" The lion said "I'm hiding! Keep it down!"

"Whaaa..?" Isaac questioned "What ever do you mean?"

"Someone was chasing me. It looked like he or she wanted to kill me!" She said.

"I knew it!" Ranie said "He's still alive!"

"Who's still alive?" Leonora asked.

We all went silent for a moment.

I heard Ranie mumble. She said something about the shadow and the tree.

"What was that Ranie?" I asked the fox.

She replied "The shadow, the weird tree, someone chasing Leonora to kill her... It all happened in the forest..."

"So?" Isaac asked.

"It's Hunter..." She said quietly. "Hunter was the one chasing Leonora."

"WHAT?! BUT HE'S DEAD!" The lioness objected.

"I know it's hard to believe, but we've got lots of evidence!" The fox said.

"Hmph.... I don't believe you..." Leonora said.

"FINE! See for yourself!" Ranie said as she walked out of the cave.

"Ranie WAIT!" I said running after her.