Chapter 26: Darkness

Hunter's POV

And that was pretty much my love story. I think about it once in a while and wished that Vicoria was by my side.

Love is like a storm. It's a happy moment with your lover when it's sunny and it's stormy when you break apart or something like that. For me, it's the pitter-pat-of-rain-love.

Suddenly, I felt some droplets of water fall on my head, something like rain. I came to my senses and looked around to see what caused it. "What the heck was that for?!" I snarled.

Maxx laughed. "Definitely worth it."

"Hey!" Marie yelled. "Where's Jacob?! Don't get me wrong, of course I remember him!"

"Ah yes, I think that boy has been knocked out," I said.

"H-he's d-dead?!" Ranie asked.

I just smiled. "Why would I tell you his status?"

"UGH! I CAN'T STAND THIS ANYMORE!" Leonora formed a wooden staff using her powers and wildly stomped it on the floor, causing some cracks to form on the stone.

"So it's a fight you want huh?" I asked. "Then it's a fight you'll get."

Leonora raised up the staff as light emitted from its tip, glowing brighter each second.

I, on the other hand, summoned the power of darkness and hurled it towards my daughter.

"Proferet in lucem," Leonora chanted as she walked closer to the edge of the ravine. This made the light from her staff grow even brighter.

I continued to make the darkness grow stronger, hoping that the light wouldn't give away a secret.

"Proferet in lucem," Leonora chanted even more.

"What is this monstrosity?" I muttered to myself. "You won't get away with this."

The light blinded my vision, but it was not bright enough because I could still see Leonora's silhouette from the other side of the ravine.

"AHAHAHAHAHA!" Ranie laughed out loud. She kept in blinking until her eyes flashed red.

"What's so funny?" Alice asked.

"You think you could stop Hunter eh?" she asked. "Well guess what, you're gonna have to get past me first!"

"Ranie, what's gotten into you?" Isaac asked.

The fox walked backwards towards the edge of the ravine.

"Oh no you don't!" Maxx charged after Ranie and tried to pull her back. Alice followed her and helped out.

"Stop playing around meat sack, I have to do my job!" Ranie mocked.

"The light wouldn't reach the other side," said Leonora for she was standing at the edge of the cliff. Down below was her doom.

"I have to get closer," she continued.

"Don't fall," Marie said.

"FALL FALL FALL!" Ranie chanted. Isaac helped Maxx and did his part in pulling Ranie away from the edge.

"Snap out of it!" Alice yelled.

"Proferet in lucem," Leonora continued to chant.

"Ugh, it's not close enough. I'll have to jump," she said.

"Leonora, please don't," Marie pleaded. She too charged towards my puppet and pulled her back.

"I'm sorry," the lioness said, continuing to hold out her staff. "It's for the greater good." Leonora jumped from the edge without another word.

I felt something light hit my head as Leonora jumped off the edge. I ran my hand through my hair and to my surprise, I felt something weird. It was whitish at its roots.

Shoot, time to disappear. I gave up the last dark power I was fighting against Leonora and blended into the shadows.