Chapter 2

I faintly remember someone lifting me up then being placed down on a bed. A very uncomfortable bed. My eyes fluttered open and I was met with Poison's hazel eyes. "Well hello to you, too," I groaned sarcastically. He frowned and shook his head.

"Stay still. I'm checking your pulse. Dr. Death Defying fixed you up. You've been out for five hours," Poison explained and leaned back. "But he did say not to walk or move your arm much for a day or two."

"Hell no. I'm fine," I scoffed and pushed him aside. I muffled my groans of pain when I moved my left arm.

"Told you," he said in an annoyed voice. "Just like I figured, you are stubborn."

"Where are Toxic, Princess, and Cherry?" I asked, brushing aside his comment. Asshole. That's what I thought of him.

"Eating with my brother and friends."

"Who is your brother and which friends?" I asked.

"Kobra is my brother. Ghoul and Jet are my best friends," he explained. He narrowed his eyes at me. "Dr. D said that we were fighting S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S, not dracs. Which is why they were so hard to stop, they always travel in large groups and they're killing machines. Nothing stops them except a bullet to the head. Their guns are more deadly than those of regular dracs."

"We survived S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S? That's a miracle."

"With your orders and Cherry's bombs, it was easy."

"Your orders helped," I allowed myself to say. Poison smiled timidly at me. I smirked and added, "Just a little bit." He rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'm sure your friends are worried about you. You need to eat. So hop on this wheelchair and you can go."

"I'm not getting on that thing. I can walk." I stood and managed not to topple over. My leg was screaming in pain.

"It is best you stay in bed, young lady," a stern voice spoke out. I looked over and saw Dr. Death Defying rolling into the infirmary. I stayed silent as Poison shook his hand. "The infamous Black Dynamite. A pleasure to finally meet you." He extended his hand. I hesitantly shook it.

"Dr. D. Nice to meet you as well. Thanks for sending out help," I briefly said.

"No snarky remark?" Poison mumbled to himself. I glared at him and he glared back.

"Party Poison, why don't you go bring some food for our guest. And none of that Power Pup garbage." Poison grumbled and left. "Sit. I know that leg hurts." I did and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Your team isn't in my ranks."

"We travel alone," I responded. "We don't associate ourselves with others. Not even Killjoys."

"But you did radio in for help."

"It was a drastic measure. We've never radioed for help before and these dracs were stronger than usual. We've never fought S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S before."

"At least you all are still alive."

"For now." He nodded his head slightly.

"Will you join us?"

"We're already killjoys. We resisted the pills, we plan on taking down BL/ind. What difference does it make if we join your ranks?"

"I could trust you more. I wasn't going to send in anyone when Dark Princess radioed for help. But then Poison said they'd go. You could be rogue killjoys or BL/ind spies."

"I'm assuming you won't believe me if I tell you I'm not one." He shook his head. "I'll talk with my team. But I'm not sure about joining. We travel alone. We have each other and that's all we need."