Chapter 10

"Don't make me hurt you, Black," I threatened as we trudged down the desert. We just entered Zone 7 and were being escorted to some place where the rest of our team would be at. We didn't exactly come voluntarily.

"I thought you said we would make it through the Rogue Zones without trouble," Poison muttered angrily.

"Correction; I said we would get through it alive. We are alive, aren't we? I have the situation under control," I stated with a shrug.

"We have our hands tied behind our back and our weapons were taken from us."

"Still alive and still under control."

"Can we even guarantee our team is alive?"

"Black, where are we going?" I asked for the billionth time, just to piss him off.

"Zone 7. You're meeting your team. And have a little...match between you ten and the rogues."

"You'd think a team who call themselves the Shadow Killjoys, they wouldn't have such colorful hair," I told Poison. he sent me a slight smile

"Says the one with black in their name and wears a skirt," Black scoffed back. "And friends with little red riding hood over there."

"How'd you know it was me?" I asked him.

"It's pretty evident; you were always so defensive over your sister. And no one has blue eyes as unique as you. Or such a bad temper." I narrowed my eyes at him. "Exactly."

"I can still kick your ass with my hands tied," I said coldly. "Stop acting like you're better than everyone."

"I don't have to act."

"Black, just stop arguing with her," Nebula said in an annoyed tone. Nebula has barely said a word at all on this trip.

"I'm just having a little fun, Nebula," Black Cat said with a grin.

"That's what you said earlier and you nearly got killed."

"She doesn't have the guts to kill me," Black stated with a confident smile.

"Let me loose and we'll put it to the test," I hissed. Black Cat kicked me in the back and I toppled over. Poison quickly helped me up. "Do you trust me?" I whispered to him.

"Yeah, I do," he whispered back.

"Shut up, your voice is irritating," Nebula spat. I craned my neck to the side and glared at him. My hair fell over my face. I blew it out of the way in annoyance.

"When you said a match between my team and the rogues, what did you mean?" I asked. Both of them ignored me. I grabbed the knife I had in my holster. Nebula noticed and reached for his gun, but I wasn't aiming for them. I put my arms around Poison's neck and held the knife to his throat.

"What the-" Poison exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Trust me," I hissed in his ear. I glared at Nebula and Black. "He's far more valuable to you guys than I ever will be. I will not hesitate to slit his throat."

"Oh how lovely," Poison said sarcastically. "My team leader wants to kill me."

"Team leader?" Nebula asked and lowered his ray gun.

"Keep going," I whispered in Poison's ear.

"I'm not the only leader of the Fabulous anymore. Dynamite is as well."

"Interesting," Black said. "Very...very interesting. Why do you want Party Poison dead?"

"I don't. But I'll kill him if it means you guys don't hold him hostage. We have a city to take back." Suddenly, I could see Killjoys starting to come towards us. Rogues, from what I could tell. No more than fifty, but it was still a lot.