Chapter 3

"Don't you know better than to travel alone, Killjoy? At night? In my zone?" I looked at the man in front of me. He was in all black with the occasional white streak, his hair was slick black, and his mask reminded me of a raptor. "Who are you?"

"Bitch, who are you?" I spat back. He frowned and then stomped on my bad leg. I screamed out in pain and grabbed my ray gun. It shook in my hand, either from the cold, pain, or terror. I'm not sure at this point.

"I'm Night Owl. And I rule this zone."

"I don't even know where I fucking am," I hissed. Night Owl narrowed his eyes at me. "I just ran away from Zone 6. I have no idea where I am."

"You're in Zone 3. And for all I know, you could be working for BL/ind." He pointed his gun at my head. "So again, who are you?"

"I'm Black Dynamite, you fucking idiot," I growled. "And I am also in a lot of pain."

"Why were you heading to Battery City?"

"I wasn't! I just told you I ran away from Zone 6!"

"Are you in Dr. D's ranks? I don't remember seeing a Black Dynamite on the lists."

"I'm not in his ranks," I said annoyed. "God, why does this need to be brought up?"

"And you still expect me to trust you?" He shifted his gun so it was directly in the center of my forehead,

"Night Owl!" someone yelled angrily. Night Owl snapped his head to the side and frowned. He dropped his weapon when he saw the source of the voice. Through the darkness, I saw Party Poison walking toward us. "Leave the girl alone."

"Party Poison," Night Owl mumbled in respect. "I didn't know she was with you." Night Owl stepped aside as Poison walked up to me.

"Scram, kid. And stay out of trouble. You aren't supposed to shoot anyone. You're expected to hold them hostage until you get further instruction from Dr. D or one of the Fabulous," Poison snapped. Night Owl nodded and turned on his heel and walked away. "Hey."

"Hello," I mumbled. Poison glanced down at me with a frown.

"Why did you leave?" he asked. He crouched down so we were eye level. "Everyone is looking for you. Cherry said she didn't mean to make you leave."

"I know she didn't. I just overreacted a bit too much," I sighed out. I shivered and held my arms tightly.

"You had your reasons," Poison said. He took his jacket off and handed it to me. "And I talked to Dr. D. He said he's willing to let you stay at the base if your team joins his ranks."

"I'm not going to be in his ranks, Poison."

"Saying that nearly got you killed with Night Owl. I think it is best for you to join, but even if you don't, Dr. D says you can live on the base with us. Cherry, Toxic, and Princess are going to discuss it with you." His jacket provided some warmth, but I was still shivering like crazy. Poison sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He pulled out his transmitter. "Party Poison to base, who's out there?"

"Cherry Bomb and Jet Star in Route Guano," I heard Jet say. "No signs of her. We stumbled into a few dracs. Exterminated"

"Go back to base, Dynamite is with me," Poison replied.

"Dynamite?" Cherry's voice rang through. "I'm sorry I said those things. Please don't be angry with me,"

"I'm not mad at you, Cherry. Sorry for leaving," I told her. "Go back to base."

"I'll see you there," Jet said. Static rang for a while before someone spoke up.

"Fun Ghoul, Kobra Kid, and Dark Princess here. We're in the trans-am heading to Zone 3. Where are you, Poison?" Kobra said.