Chapter 6

"Killjoys!" one of them called out. "You are under arrest."

"Shit," Kobra muttered through the earpiece. "I have an idea, get as close as you can to the wall, pretend you're surrendering.

"What?!" I hissed. "They're going to kill us!"

"Trust me! I know what I'm doing!" Kobra ordered. Poison nodded at me. We started to walk slowly to the dracs.

"Identify yourselves!" someone else shouted.

"Stay silent; we're almost there. Be prepared to jump into a running car," Kobra informed.

"Got it," Poison mumbled.

"I said, identify yourselves!" the drac repeated. Suddenly, color exploded everywhere. The Trans-am appeared into view. I jumped on top of the hood and pulled Poison up with me. We got in through the sunroof and Kobra sped off.

"Now that is how you bust someone out," I laughed. I looked back and saw the white cars following us. "Party Poison, ready to get into action?" We popped through the sunroof and started shooting. Ghoul and Cherry were doing the same in the other car.

"Ghoul! Tell Jet to go with plan smoothie!" Poison shouted then told the same to Kobra.

"Care to explain what plan smoothie is?" I asked Poison.

"You'll see soon enough. Hold on tight," he informed. The cars started swiveling across from each other, creating a huge dust cloud.

"Cherry! Color bombs! Now!" I ordered. I grabbed several and pulled the pins. I tossed them behind us, adding more dust in the air along with color. After several hundred yards, there were no more dracs following us. Poison and I sat down and relaxed.

"You have green all over your face," Toxic said with a laugh. I grinned and tried to wipe off the color from my face.

"That went well," Poison announced. "Did anyone get injured?"

"I got grazed by a ray gun, but nothing major," Cherry Blossom said. "I already took care of it."

"Where's Night Owl?" I asked.

"Here," I heard through my ear piece. "I got shoved in randomly when the others came running in."

"My bad," Princess apologized. "We needed to get Poison and Dynamite out." The rest of the ride was silent, all of us too tired to make conversation. I closed my eyes and leaned on Toxic. She rolled her eyes but didn't push me away. The sun started to set as we entered Zone 3. Night Owl and Cherry Blossom waved goodbye at us. It was pitch dark by the time Kobra pulled up into the base and parked the car. I rubbed my eyes and tiredly got out of the car. The eight of us walked in and crashed on the booths. Dr. D strolled in.

"Good, you all made it back alive," he stated. "Well done, Killjoys. It was a success. Any trouble along the way?"

"Well Dynamite and Poison nearly got caught," Kobra replied. "But other than that, no. No trouble besides the usual dracs."

"Well done. You can all rest now. Unless you want to look through your new belongings," Dr. D said. "Poison, a word if you would." Poison stood and walked down the hall with Dr. D.

"What did you guys find?" I asked.

"We got a warehouse filled with tools, weapons, oils, and gasoline. We took a bunch of gas and some tools to work on the cars. We also got a shit ton of ray guns," Jet informed and dumped his contents on the table.

"Kobra and I found water and Power Pup. Nothing else besides that," Toxic said with a shrug. "Some crackers too."

"And cigarettes. I have a lot of those to last us months," Kobra added.