Nightmares

I walked through the small corridor of the house hesitantly, expecting SOMETHING to jump out at me. They Always did when I was alone. Stephano was attempting to find the key with Anthony, meaning I was left alone to find the exit. Yay. I heard a quiet growl from behind me and turned around to find nothing there. Weird. I shrugged and started to walk again when I felt a finger tap my shoulder. Knowing I had seconds, I kicked him and ran. I didn't know where I was running to or why I had done what I had but I was running. I shouted to Anthony and Stephano, hoping for some sort of reply. They didn't. I guess I'm on my own. Panicked, I sprinted into a small room and barricaded the door, hoping it would keep the treacherous creature out long enough to think of a plan. I glanced around the room I had trapped myself in. It looked like a living room, or what was left of one anyway. There were torn up sofas, a mangled carpet, red patches of what I HOPED was ketchup on the walls and floors and a broken TV on the wall. In the corner of the room, hidden away from public eye, was a beautiful black piano. I couldn't resist what I did next. I ran my fingers along the keys, giving away my location to the bro. I heard the slice of the door behind me, followed by a beastly groan. Shoot. Without stopping to think, I grabbed the nearest object and swung it at the bro. From the way he staggered backwards, the Fire-extinguisher had hurt him. Bad. I dropped it and ran, only to be stopped by a bloody claw scratching at my back, causing me to scream in pain and fall to the floor. The bro started to drag me out of the room when I heard beautiful music. Thankfully, I had done music in school and knew exactly what  key it was and what notes it was: C,D,E,F,G,F,E,D,C. Maybe that was important. I shouldn't forget this, I thought. Just then, the music stopped, the bro was released from its grasps and finished me off in one quick swipe of his hand.

I bolted awake, sweat covering my face. It had just been a nightmare, I thought to myself, It didn't really happen. Just then a thought came to me; where was Stephano? I glanced around the room to find a curious Anthony sitting on the floor by the door. That wasn't what shocked me the most; the door was open. Open? I stared at Anthony, hoping he could fill me in on what had happened while I was asleep but he didn't make eye contact with me. Something's wrong, I panicked, he isn't saying a word AT ALL. "Anthony?" I asked him quietly, hoping not to cause unwanted attention. He looked at me for a split second before looking away again. Might as well get on with it. "Anthony, Where's Stephano?"

"He's gone to see if he can find the key to getting out of here," he replied sadly, "That was hours ago though. Maybe something bad happened."

"Don't worry, Stephano must have been here before for him to wander off to find a key we didn't even know existed."

"he's been gone ages. what if the bros have him? or the barrels? what if he's..." He couldn't finish his sentence.

"He'll be fine. Like you said he's been gone ages but that means he's looking REALLY hard for the key to get out of this place." I rubbed his back to comfort him, saying, "It'll be fine. Trust me." But even I couldn't trust myself. Something must've happened to Stephano; even I knew this much. Whatever it was, it had to have been bad for him not to come back. He might even be... NO! My thoughts screamed at me, Just because he hasn't come back doesn't mean he's done something THAT extreme. He'll return. Give him a chance, at least. We waited for a little while longer but after what seemed like hours, we finally realised this was it. Stephano had left us. We were on our own.

Hey guys sorry about the short chapter. What do you think happened to Stephano? could he REALLY be dead? have the enemies got him? what was with Marzia's dream? Let me know in the comments what you think will happen :)