Chapter Ten

•Today•

'The Cure' played in Shilo's dark green and purple painted bedroom as she sat at her desk infront of her mirror, drawing again. Just as she was about to perfect the drawing, her bedroom door knocked.

Shilo sighed and turned her head slightly, still not removing pen from paper. "I will turn it down in a second, I'm just drawing!" She called.

The door knocked again, making Shilo groan and stand up, dropping her pen down onto the sketch pad. "I said, I'll turn it down in a se-"

Shilo opened her bedroom door and quickly stopped talking when she noticed Tate and Paul standing there, Paul was grinning at her, and Tate just gave her that bad boy look which she loved oh so much.

"Oh, yeah?" Shilo asked, feeling her cheeks go red.

"I was just showing Tate up to your bedroom, is it okay if he hangs out with you for a bit? We finished the session early you see." Paul asked.

Shilo looked at Tate and smiled, he smiled a little also. "Sure." She said, stepping back. "I'm just listening to music and drawing."

Tate nodded. "Cool." Then he walked into the bedroom.

Shilo looked at her dad, he was grinning, he could tell that Shilo liked Tate a lot already. She pulled her tongue out at him, then closed the door.
She turned and noticed Tate looking at her sketch pad. She felt awkward all of a sudden, being alone with Tate in her bedroom.

"You're really good at drawing Shilo." He complimented her. "I like this one, the woman in the coffin, it's beautiful."

Shilo grinned. "Thanks, that one took me quite a while, to get all the detail in her dress. It's my best one I think."

Tate smiled, his cute little dimples making her knees go weak yet again. But she kept her cool and sat down on the edge of her bed.
Tate took a seat on her chair, but he sat so the back of the chair was inbetween his legs and he was leaning on it, facing Shilo.

"Is your dad always an ass?" Tate asked, taking Shilo by suprise a little.

She laughed. "He can be at times. But I guess all dads are really.."

"My dad ran away when I was two years old. I haven't seen him since." Tate laughed.

Shilo frowned. "Oh. I'm sorry.."

"No, no. Don't be, it's not your fault that my mother is a fucking whore." Tate replied quickly, almost making Shilo want to cry at his perfection.

Shilo laughed and raised her eyebrows. "How is she a whore?"

"She was cheating on my dad with the man who lived next door at the time, so that's why my dad ran away, he was heartbroken. I wish I'd ran away with him, I hate my mother." Tate said.

Shilo smirked. "Hey. If he had taken you with him though, you wouldn't know me, now that would make your life suck." She laughed, shaking her head. "Don't take me seriously, I think most people would be better off without my existence."

Tate stood up, walking over to Shilo, sitting next to her on her bed. He looked right into her eyes, she couldn't help but notice how blue his eyes now seemed, they didn't look as dark as they had earlier.