Chapter Twenty-Five

•2012•

"Shilo. Me and your father have been talking for the past year or so now, about something very important, a huge milestone in our lives." Amy said to Shilo, standing next to Paul.

Shilo was sat on their old red sofa, looking up at them with sadness in her eyes, she already knew that they'd tell her something big, she had sensed a lot of tension between her parents for the last few months.  

Were they breaking up? Were they kicking her out? What could it be?

"We have decided that we will be leaving Canada in early 2013 to go and live in LA, closer to our relatives." Paul finished.

Shilo's jaw dropped open. "No." She said.

"Shilo. It's special for us to move. You're unhappy here, we can tell. Living somewhere else, like LA would be great for all of us. You can start focusing on yourself again, you can make new friends, get good grades like you used to." Amy frowned.

Paul then continued talking, just so Shilo couldn't but-in with an objection.

"Joshua's death has been hard on the family, especially us. We miss him dearly, and waking up everyday, still in this house, where he took his last breath is putting us down. You used to be top of the class, you'd have amazing grades. Now you barely go into school, you lock yourself away being sad. Your grades have lowered far more than me and your mother thought that they had." He said.

Shilo shook her head, letting the first few tears now become visible. "I don't wanna leave Canada. My friends are here, I'm happy."

"No you're not Shilo. We're your parents, we can tell that you're depressed." Amy said, frowning.

"Josh died in 2009. Can't you just get over it? He's dead, it wasn't my fault, even though you both still think that. He's in a better place anyway. What will make me depressed is the fact that I'll be moving away from my friends." Shilo yelled.

"It's left a scar on our family Shilo! That's your brother, our son. How could you say such hateful words? We're never going to be able to get over his death, we had to lose our son, that's not right at all! We're meant to die before our children, that's what happens in normal famlies." Amy replied, crying herself.

Shilo stood up, storming out of the living room and going straight to her bedroom, she unlocked her cupboard and pulled out the old ouija board. It was time to summon a spirit.

•Today•

Shilo clambered down the stairs, wiping under her eyes to get rid of the make-up that had drooled down her face when she had been crying earlier. 
She entered the dinning room, tugging on the sleeves of her red jumper.

"Hi." She mumbled as she sat down at the table, tucking into her dinner.

"How has your weekend been?" Paul asked, as they hadn't been home for the weekend this week.

Shilo shrugged, trying to think of a lie to make everything seem okay.

"It was okay. I sat in my room listening to music and I spoke to Mel online." She replied.

Paul nodded. "Did Tate pop by?"

Shilo's eyes almost popped out of their sockets at Tate being mentioned, she wasn't supposed to be seeing Tate unless her parents were in the house.

"U-urm, no. Why do you ask?" Shilo stuttered.

"No reason." Paul finished.

•Later that night•

Tate was watching from afar as he was listening to the conversation that Amy and Paul were having.  

He was shocked, angry and very sad.

This couldn't be happening, he needed Shilo, she must stay with him, she can't leave this house, leave him on his own this way.
Shilo was Tate's first love, he needed to protect her, he needed to stop them from taking her away from him.