Chapter Twenty-Six

•2012

Shilo sat in her room, connecting with the spirit world, trying to find her brother to ask if it was a good idea to be moving away from Canada.
The Ouija board finally started moving, it turned out to be her brother. She had finally found him. 

"Josh. Is it a good idea to move away from Canada?" She asked after a while of trying to confirm that it was infact her older brother. 

The glass slowly started to move, and it landed on. "No."

She sighed, she knew that it would be a bad idea to move now, especially if Josh told her so, he was now a spirit, he'd know if it was going to turn out good or not. 

"Can you tell me why?" She asked, now shaking. 

The glass moved slowly spelling out a word, then when he had finished spelling it out, Shilo gasped, letting go of the glass quickly, all of the energy had now been lost, she'd need to burn some incense right away to stop any other bad spirits coming through. 

She stood up, burning it all around her room, a tear rolling down her cheek, she was completely terrified, she knew that she wouldn't be able to mention it to her parents, they would never believe that she had connected with her brother, she'd just have to find a way to stop them from leaving. 

The word that Joshua had spelt out to Shilo was. 

"DEATH."

•Today

Shilo sat in her bedroom, drawing and listening to Black Sabbath. 
She realised that she hadn't been going to school since Mel had left a few weeks ago, Paul and Amy didn't notice that she hadn't been going, they were either out all day, too busy working, or travelling to different states. 

Shilo wasn't too bothered though, Tate never went to school, so he was able to hang with her all day. 
She loved his company now that they were dating, but she really had the urge to tell him about the spirit in the attic, Sally, however, Tate would then find out that he's been dead all of this time, and Constance made Shilo swear on her brother's grave that she wouldn't tell him. 

"Boo!" Tate yelled, grabbing onto Shilo's shoulders. 

She screamed, ruining her drawing with the black ink. 

"Tate, you can't do that, you've ruined my drawing." She sighed, screwing it up into a ball and throwing it in the bin underneath her desk. 

Tate sighed, laying on her bed. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise that you were drawing, I didn't mean to scare you that much either, I wanted to make you jump a little, been as you said that you never get scared." 

Shilo smirked. "I don't normally get scared, but you sneaking up behind me when I have music blasting and I'm in my intense drawing mode will make me have a pretty bad reaction." 

She expected Tate to reply, but he was staring at the ceiling with immense concentration, she looked up to see that he was looking at blood on the celing, she too had noticed that the other evening, she knew that it was his. 

"There's blood on your ceiling. Have you been shooting someone?" Tate asked with amusement in his voice. 

She smiled. "No, I don't know where it came from, I saw it last night and I wondered whose it was and why they didn't clean it up afterwards."