Chapter 27: The Song

Bradley POV

So today is going to be a lazy day. I just was going turn on the TV when my iPad beeps. It's a FaceTime call from Sabrina. I decide to answer it, because I'm not doing anything. I answer it and hear the sweet sound of her voice greet me.

"HEY BRADS!" Sabrina screams.

"Hey B!" I say, my voice cracking.

"Sorry. Morning voice. What can you do?" I say.

"Haha. So, whatcha' doin'?" She asks.

"Well, just about to have a Netflix marathon." I explain.

"Oh ok, If you're busy I can leave. I was just going to meet up with Rowan at her house in 30 minutes." She says.

"No it's okay. You can leave when it's time to go. But I never want you to leave." I say.

When the words come out of my mouth, I quickly regret them. Did I really say that last part out loud?

"Uh....Okay...?" She says, questionably.

"Sorry but I have to go meet up with Rowan unless you never want me to leave, I can bring my iPad over there and FaceTime with you there." She teases.

"Uh, no thanks, go have fun! Bye Brini!" I encourage.

"Bye Brads!" She says.

As she's hanging up, she's singing a song I've never heard.

"Well, you can't blame a girl for trying...." She softly sings.

"Where did you get that song?" I ask, curiously.

"Well, if you listened to the CD I gave you on your birthday you'd know. Bye Brads!" She hangs up.

THE CD. MUST LISTEN TO THE CD.

I run upstairs and rummage through all my desk drawers. All I see is shirts, pants, and shorts. I look for the CD for like 10 minutes. By then, my room looks like it's been turned upside down. Finally under my bedside lamp is the CD. I quickly turn on my radio and put the disk in.

"Hey Bradley! Happy Birthday Bradley! I hope you enjoy being 17! This is a very special day, so I wrote a song for you. It's for you, it's not really about you since it's about a girl struggling with finding love, and I have you. Bradley I love you. I really do. Happy 17th Birthday! I'm really happy with you as my boyfriend! Here's the song I wrote. It's called 'Can't Blame A Girl For Trying'.

Here I am again, the same old situation
Why does the guy thing have to be so complicated?
I should have played it cool, instead I made a fool
Oh, the things I do

'Cause I'm young and I'm dumb
I do stupid things when it comes to love
And even if I always end up crying
Well, you can't blame a girl for trying

Oh, oh
Oh, oh
No, you can't blame a girl for trying
Oh-oh-ooo-oo

I should've shut my mouth, I could've kept it quiet
I might have freaked him out 'cause I was so excited
But I just couldn't wait, I took a leap of faith
Oh, the things I say

'Cause I'm young and I'm dumb
I do stupid things when it comes to love
And even if I always end up crying
Well, you can't blame a girl for trying

Oh, oh
Oh, oh
No, you can't blame a girl for trying
Oh, oh

Oh, oh
No

And I think sometimes I tend to be my own worst enemy
And maybe someday I'm gonna catch a shooting star falling out of the blue
Doing what I do

And just as I'm giving up, my heart is palpitating
Here comes another one and it's so intoxicating

And being where I've been I know that in the end
I'll do it all again

'Cause I'm young and I'm dumb
I do stupid things when it comes to love
And even if I always end up crying
Well, love will find me, there ain't no denying
But, you can't blame a girl for trying

Oh, oh
Oh, oh
No, you can't blame a girl for trying
Mmmmmm
Oooh......

I hope you liked the song, I sure had a fun time writing it! When you wanted to see what I was writing in my journal, I was writing this song. I said it was a surprise. This song was the surprise. Happy Birthday Bradley! I love you."

As the song ends, I can't help but burst into tears because of the number of times she said "I love you" and "you're my boyfriend". Does she still love me? Well, of course she does. I love her even though we're not dating, and I'm in a serious relationship with Paris. I decide to go to her house to see her. I get in my car. When I get there, I open the door and see Paris pinned down to her sofa with a guy on top of her. And who is that guy? Billy Unger. I knew it all along. I knew it. Worse? They're kissing.

"Paris? We're over. Done. Through." I say, in a firm tone.

"Bradley! I didn't see you there! Um... I can explain!" Paris says nervously.

"No need. I was just going home anyways. I hope we can be friends." I say, while storming out.

I don' really care. I knew our relationship wasn't meant to be. I knew she was kinda faking. Just to get Sabrina jealous. Paris hates Sabrina. She told me all about how she was so mad at her for taking her role in Girl Meets World. Paris was supposed to be Maya until Sabrina auditioned. I now have one motive. One goal. To get Sabrina back. Here's my plan.

Plan A:

Set up a romantic date (probably in the park, like always)

If this doesn't work, proceed to Plan B.

Plan B:

Write a romantic poem for her and send it.

If Plan B doesn't work, proceed to plan C.

Plan C:

Write this questionnaire for her.

Will you be my girlfriend?

a) Yes

b) a)

c) b)

I set up the picnic. The fire lights, the tacos, the chocolate, the bacon, the lasagna, and the hamburgers. The picnic blanket, the picnic basket, and I even set up a hammock! I set up everything into perfection. Then I write the poem and the questionnaire ready in case. Here is the poem.

You will always be my only one

You turn me on just like a gun

Before, you said we were forever

But now we're not even together

Please be with me, B

You're the other half of me

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope you liked the poem I wrote! I'm trying to make every chapter 1,000 characters. Whaddya think? I hope you like it!

Kisses,

Karyn