Chapter 29: Secret Santa

Bradley POV

So I'm heading over to Rowan's house to do the Secret Santa gift exchange thing we always do. I got Rowan. I got her a gift card to Forever 21, and a gift card to Chipotle. Also I got this random shirt from Forever 21, Rowan has been looking at that shirt for a while, so I bought it! Can't wait to see who got me. The rules are that we put no name on our gifts, we put them under the tree, and after our annual singing and dancing party, we open the gift meant for us, then we try to guess who got the gift for us. If we get it wrong, The person who guessed it wrong has to give the person who got the gift for them 5 bucks, if they guess it right, the other way around. After the Secret Santa gift opening, usually we give each other our gifts for everyone, excluding the person we bought the gift for Secret Santa. Then after opening those presents, we go caroling. I know, usually people don't do that anymore, but Sabrina started the tradition a few years ago.

I walk in, and everyone is there.

"Am I late?" I ask.

"No, we just all got here early. Ok, we won't look. Put your present under the tree." Sabrina commands.

"Ok." I say, doing as I was told.

"Let's get the dancing and singing party started!!" Rowan says, blasting "Jingle Bell Rock".

"Yeah!" Peyton exclaims.

'JINGLE BELL, JINGLE BELL, JINGLE BELL ROCK!" We all sing.

We all dance and have a great time, then we listen to "Walking Around the Christmas Tree".

"WALKING AROUND, THE CHRISTMAS TREE, HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYYYYYY!!!" We sing in unison.

After about 3 songs, we're exhausted, and we tumble to to floor.

"Let's open the presents! Everybody close your eyes. Bradley's going first." Peyton says.

So, the way it works is that everyone closes their eyes, and one person doesn't. That person grabs their present from under the tree, and softly puts it in front of the person thy're supposed to give it to.

I lightly get my present and place it in front of Rowan.

"Okay! I'm done! Sabrina, you're up!" I say.

I can't hear anything going on. Wow. Sabrina is good at making no noise.

"Peyton, you can go now." Sabrina softly says.

Peyton can be a klutz, so I can fully hear what he's doing. He aggressively grabs his present from under the tree, shaking some ornaments, and places it in front of somebody, but I can't tell who.

"Ok Rowan, give your gift!" Peyton exclaims, enthusiastically.

I can kind of hear what Rowan is doing. she's not as quiet as Sabrina, but not as loud as Peyton.

"Ok! OPEN YOUR EYES EVERYONE!!!!" Rowan yells, very very very loudly.

Her voice echoes and bounces off the walls in her 5,000 square feet mansion.

"Rowan, will you please quiet down?" Rowan's mom, yells from upstairs, sort of annoyed.

"Ok." Rowan says, embarrassed.

Everyone opens the gift in front of them.

"Wow, just what I wanted!! Headphones!! (Good Luck Charlie reference)" I say.

"Yes, a studded phone case!!" Sabrina celebrates, immediately putting it on her phone.

"Yay! That video game I've been asking for!" Peyton says, excited to play it.

"YASSSS GIFT CARDS!! AND THAT SHIRT I'VE WANTED!!!!" Rowan squeals, enthusiastically.

Everyone is so happy with their presents. Now for the guessing.

"Okay, everyone, settle down. Let's guess." I say.

"Who would like to go first?" Sabrina asks.

"ME!!" Rowan exclaims.

"BRADLEY!" She says.

"How did you know?" I ask.

"You were with me when I said I wanted this shirt, and who else is too lazy, and would just buy gift cards, for a girl?" She explains.

"Ok, ok. " I say, grabbing 5 bucks out of my back pocket of my worn out jeans.

"Thank you!" Rowan says, taking it away quickly.

"I'll go next. Um.. Peyton?" I guess.

"Nope." He says, calmly.

"Sabrina!" I say, looking at her.

"HAHA!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!" Sabrina says.

"Can you give me 5 dollars worth of change?" I ask, giving her 10 dollars.

"No!!" She says, jokingly.

"Please?" I say, doing my puppy dog face.

"Fine." She says, giving me my 5 dollars back.

"Apparently, today is not a good day for me." I mutter, grumpily, while Sabrina is rolling on the floor laughing.

"I'll go next." Peyton says.

"Rowan?" He guesses, even though it's quite obvious.

"Yes. Here's your money." Rowan says, sadly.

"Why are you sad?" Peyton asks.

"I WANT MY 5 DOLLARS BACK!" She says, teasing.

"Rowan!!!" Her mom warns.

"Ok. My turn. Peyton." Sabrina declares.

"Well, that's obvious." I say.

We all exchange our presents and I loved my presents!

After that, we go caroling and it was the best night ever!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was very suckish, but I was busy. Sorry guys! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEARRRRR!

Kisses,

Karyn