Chapter 37: The Talk

THANKS FOR 10.3K VIEWS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REAL!!!!! I'LL GIVE YOU AN UPDATE FOR A TREAT!!

Sabrina POV

So, I wake up, and sit up straight, yawning and my arms outstretched. The sun shines through the tent roof and I drag my hand to block out the powerful sun. My eye bags get heavier. I see Bradley beside me and smile.

After minutes of debating, I get up and decide to go for a walk. I put on my cap, and running shoes, and put my hair into a low ponytail, and grab my waterbottle. I jog through the trail, and yesterday's events come rushing back. I definitely am NOT over Bradley. He probably IS over me. He said that the kiss meant nothing and he was simply caught up in the moment. What's that supposed to mean? Well, it probably means he doesn't like me.

I wonder what happened between Rowan and Peyton. Hmmmm... I grab my phone, and while jogging, text Rowan about her situation. Of course, it's hard to type while jogging, with all the ups and downs, so instead of "How's it going with Peyton?" this ends up coming up.

Me: Huw'd iy huing qurg Pwyrin?

It takes a few seconds, but she finally answers.

Rowan: What da heck are you trying to say?

I sigh and stop jogging to type properly so she can understand.

Me: Sorry, I'm jogging. I meant to ask, How's it going with Peyton?

Rowan: Uhh... Well...

Me: Well what??

I wait anxiously as the three dots move up and down frustratingly. The dots stop moving, and I sigh. Then a message pops up.

Rowan: Well, he definitely still likes me, but I can't forgive him. I mean, I'm getting over it. I'll forgive him before the end of this trip.

Me: Wanna join my hike?

Rowan: Does it take effort???

Me: Of course, Rowboat!

I laugh. Oh Rowan.

Rowan: Blergh. Okay. Meet me by the large rock near all those roses in the trail.

Me: Will do, lord master.

I lock my phone and wait impatiently by the rock.

Several minutes later, Rowan comes by panting and sweating like she ran a 42k marathon.

"What the heck?! Why are you sweating so much?" I ask, startled by her appearance.

"Must... Have.... Water..." She says, grabbing the water bottle from my hand and out of my grasp.

"Is it your asthma?" I ask.

"Yeah... I... Rushed... Over... Here... Probably... Shouldn't..., Have... Done... That..." Rowan says between pants.

Once she's breathing properly, we start making our way through the trail.

"So? Do you still like Peyton?" I ask Rowan.

"Of course. It's just because like, he broke my trust. And, I don't know. The age difference too."

Peyton POV

When she said that, my world came crashing down. She just broke up of me because of the kiss and the age difference? She still likes me, though. I need to reassure her that the kiss and the age difference means nothing. She needs to know that. Yep. I was watching her behind a bush. I saw her rush over and out of sight, because when I woke up, she wasn't beside me. It's not creepy. I sigh and head back to the tent, tip-toeing so I don't make any noise.