Chapter 31: Rendezvous

Sabrina POV

Today I'm doing nothing. Oh, the glory of Saturdays. Sitting back, watching TV, and maybe even enjoying a glass of piping hot coffee.But all my dreams of nothingness shattered when I got a text. From Peyton.

Pey: Hey, Sab. Wanna hang out?

Me: Uh, not sure.

Pey: Why? Do ya have something planned for today?

Me: No, what I'm not sure about is if I can give up my "do nothing day" after a week full of drama.

Pey: Ok, fine by me. If you wanna have a "do nothing day" by yourself it's fine. No worries! :)

Me: Meh. I can have a "do nothing day" any day. Fine, I'll hang out. When and where do you wanna meet up?

Pey: My house, 12pm.

Me: Sure, pick me up in 20?

Pey: Okay.

I walk all the way upstairs, but since I'm lazy, I do this by crawling. By the time I finish crawling through all my 30 steps, I've wasted 10 minutes.

"Shoot." I say, looking at the time on my phone."11:45! Traffic better be slow today." I grumble.

I quickly take a 5 minute shower, after I dry, I blow-dry my hair and decide to leave it up in a high ponytail.

I get dressed, but since I don't have anyone to impress, I put on a blue Nike hoodie, with some black ripped jeans. After I'm done, I put some makeup on my face. Basically just mascara and some lip gloss.

"Ew. Argh." I say, after smelling my hoodie.

I apply some of my perfume, put it's not too strong, and I figured the wind from my car trip would wear some of it away. Even if I'm not trying to impress Peyton, nobody likes smelling a hoodie that hasn't been washed for ages. I hear a honk from outside, and peek out my window. Peyton is here.

I run downstairs and grab my purse, take out my wallet and grab 20 bucks from it, in case we go to StarBucks or something. I shove the (now crumpled) $20 bill into my back pocket, and open the door. I quickly reach under the "Welcome" doormat and grab the spare key, and look the door. I slide the key under the mat, and get in his car. He doesn't listen to much music, and the radio isn't turned on, so all I can hear is the noises of cars honking and sirens of ambulances.

Nothing is better than listening to the wonderful sounds of nature.

When we get to his house, he parks the car, and opens his door.

"Here you go." Peyton says, gesturing inside.

"Hey Pey. Oh look, that rhymes." I say, in a dead tone, with my eyes drooping.

"What's wrong?" Peyton asks in a concerned voice, rubbing my back with his hand, and treating me like I'm going to burst into tears.

"Nothing, it's just that I woke up late, and I'm SUPER, really, very, oh so tired." I say, dramatically.

"Nobody I know uses 4 adjectives to describe her laziness. What a special, wonderful, magnificent, splendid girl you are, Sabrina!" He says, in a fake cheerful voice, with sarcasm written all over his face.

"I know right." I say, flipping my hair, and walking into his house like I own it.

(A/N: SLAYY GURL!)

Once I see his beautiful blue couch, which I assume he got from Target, my first reaction is to immediately sit down on it. Oh the soft fabric.

"Nice couch, huh? We got it a few days ago." Peyton says.