Chapter 39: Smoke and Fire

Bradley POV

My mom told us to meet by the campfire at 9:00 latest, so I sit down on a log by the campfire. I look up at they sky in an attempt to end my boredom, like, maybe there's a UFO or something up there. But, sadly, there's nothing so I sigh and look down at my feet, moving them like windshield wipers. Suddenly a branch behind me crunches and I turn around.

"Hey."

"Hey." I greet back, setting my lips into a firm line as she sits down beside me.

"So how's everything with you and Sabrina?" Rowan asks thoughtfully.

"Meh." I answer, laughing.

She laughs too, but turns silent and serious. "You know, she still likes you. You should go for it. I mean, if you still like her."

"Of course I do. I mean, how could anyone not?" I reply, daydreaming in my head.

"Then GO FOR IT!" She shouts, almost a little too loudly. Then her voice lowers to almost a whisper. "Get her back. You two are perfect for each other. I remember even as a kid, seeing you together. Even then you had great chemistry. Then we grew up, and I looked at you guys teasing each other and laughing and smiling. We grew up, and got mature. I had to stop myself from shouting 'JUST KISS ALREADY. ASK HER OUT!' I watched you two grow up, and I could feel the romantic tension. You guys are perfect for each other. Go for it." She finishes her emotional speech, patting me on the back, laughing

I'm still taking in her speech and all I can let out is "I'll think about it."

She sighs and look down, probably disappointed.

We sit there for in an awkward silence for a minute or two mostly filled with glancing around.

"Morning!" A voice behind me says, proving to be Sabrina.

I turn around and see Sabrina walking towards us, followed by Peyton rubbing his eyes.

"Morning to you too!" Peyton's mom says, while Sabrina and Peyton settle in on a log next to us.

I turn back around and see all the parents heading towards us.

"So, why'd you gather us here at such an unearthly hour?" Rowan asks, pretending the talk between us never happened. (A/N:The "unearthly hour" thing is a reference from my favourite book, Princess X. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK! READ IT! IT'S AWESOME! C'EST IMPRESSIONNANT!)

"Well, as you all know, there's a beach about half an hour from here, and we've rented all the equipment, so would you like to go to the beach with us?" Sabrina's mom asks.

The room, or area, rather is filled with "sure", "yep", okay", and "sounds good".

"The good thing is, you can go parasailing, water skiing, surfing, or even the Flying Fish!" My mom says, doing jazz hands.

The area is suddenly filled with cheers and shouts.

"Get ready, everyone! We meet back here in 15 minutes." Rowan's dad informs, tapping the watch on his wrist.

Everyone excitedly and enthusiastically rushes to get ready, scurrying over to their tents.

I grab my duffel bag, and stuff my water bottle, extra clothes, and swimming trunks.

As I'm about to pack my swimming trunks, I stop and remember wearing these to me and Sabrina's first date.

I smile and sigh, stuffing them in along with all my other stuff.

"Hey! What do you think of going to the beach? I think it'll be super fun!" A female voice says from the tent entry.

"Eh. I guess it'll be fun." I say, trying to sound happy.

"Well, I'm going to do everything there. Surfing, parasailing, water skiing, you name it! What about you Bradley?" Sabrina asks, curiously, waiting for my answer.

"Yeah, I'm going to try everything, I think." I say unsurely.

Sabrina approaches and nudges me. "Hey! What happened to the Bradley I know and love?"

I gulp when she says love. I get all my acting skills.

"Here he is!" I say, acting happy in a very convincing way.

"There you go!"

"Anyways, I gotta get ready. Are you all set?" She asks, gesturing towards my packed duffel bag.

"Yep. I'll meet you outside." I say, exiting our tent.

Sabrina's POV

Well, that was a bit rude. Oh well. I happily pack my stuff while humming to I'm Yours by Alessia Cara. Once I'm done, I grab my phone and slip it into my back pocket, and head to the campfire area.

Rowan, Peyton, and Bradley are all there. Now for the parents.

"Hey." I say, settling into a seat next to Bradley.

"Hey." Everyone greets in unison.

Suddenly, the parents come out of their cabin and come hurdling towards us.

"All set?" My dad asks.

"Yep." We answer in unison.

"Ok! Head in the van, guys!" Bradley's dad replies.

We all get in and I sit next to Rowan.

I have a feeling this is going to be a great day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! Kinda... So! My birthday was on the 4th! Yes you may clap.

Oh stop it. Ok I know probably none of you clapped so, ok I get it. I'm so lame. ANYWAYS, I'm working on the last chapter, and after that, I'm going to edit this book for a while and take a break before releasing my next book, You and I. It's the sequel to this. Anyways, GTG

Kisses,

Karyn