Chapter 34: Hospital

Bradley POV

So, I wake up and check the time. 11:00am.

"Blergh." I groan.

I yawn, my arms outstretched. And that's when I realized that this isn't my bedroom. I look around the room with a confused look, my eyebrows furrowed. I get up from bed and look behind me, down at my back. Oh, I'm wearing those hospital robes that show my.. You know. I must be in a hospital.

I don't remember why I'm here. I get back in bed and snuggle under the covers and think. Why am I here? My thoughts are interrupted by a nurse coming in the room.

"Mr. Perry, are you alright? I heard some noise from this room so I thought I'd check on you." She states politely.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Can I ask a dumb question?" I ask.

"Of course, what is it?" She says, giggling.

"Well, why am I here?" I ask, confused.

"Well, two of your friends called us, so when we came, they explained what happened. I believe their names were Sabrina and Rowan. They told us a guy punched you, I think his name was Zachary Gordon, if I'm not mistaken." She explains.

"Oh, I see." I say.

That little traitor. We used to be best friends.

"Do you need anything else?" She asks.

"No it's okay." I reply.

She walks out of the room, and I get back in bed. I take out my phone, and unlock it. I check Instagram. Just random posts, people at the beach, pics of rivers and lakes.

Then I check Twitter. There are random tweets like "Just woke up, getting cereal!" Or selfies of girls, and their captions are "Woke up like this #flawless".

I exit Twitter and check my notifications. 3 missed calls from Sabrina, 2 from Rowan and 1 from Peyton. 10 text messages from Sabrina, 4 from Rowan, and 2 from Peyton.

B: Brads, are you okay?

B: I'm sorry, it wasn't what of looked like.

B: I didn't kiss him back.

B: Are you okay?

B: You blood all over your forehead and your lip was bleeding. Bet you you'll have some nasty bruises.

B: I miss you.

B: Please forgive me.

B: Please believe me.

B: I'm really sorry.

B: I'm gonna stop bothering you now.

I'm still mad at her, so I don't bother to text back.

I look at my messages from Rowan.

Row: Are you okay????

Row: Sabby was really upset.

Row:: Why the heck did you break up with her??!!!

Row: She didn't actually kiss him.

Well, it sure looked like it. I go back and check my messages with Peyton.

Peyton: Look man, I'm so sorry.

Peyton: Hope you forgive me.

I feel like all of my best friends are either trying to apologize, of make it seem like Sabrina didn't actually kiss him. Again, legs. Around. Waist. No denying. I sigh and put my phone back in my pocket.

I get up, holding the back of my robe, and realize I'm actually really sore. I painfully walk over to a mirror in my room and look at myself. I have a bruised lip, bruised forehead with dry blood on it, and a black eye.