Finding Katie

Chapter 2

~Kihley

I sat down at the Starbucks island waiting for my coffee. They handed it to me and I sat down at another smaller table.

I glanced out the window seeing my best friend limping and bleeding.

"Katie?!" I yelled as I darted outside. She ran as fast as she could towards me and practically leaping into my arms. She bawled into my neck. Her face was as cold as ice. She was only wearing skinny jeans and a ruffled tank top. It was at least -5 degrees outside.

"What happened? Did IT happened again?" I asked knowing that her dad probably abused her again. She lifted her head looking into my eyes. Her face was puffy and bloody.

"He.. He... Beat me again." She coughed up. I knew it was difficult for her to say it.

"Geez Kate. Your chest, you need to go to the hospital right now." I said sighing and getting my coffee from back Inside. I handed it to Katie letting it warm her up.

-Hospital-

~Katie

"Name please?"

"Katie Malik." I said.

"Sister of Zayn Malik, Daughter of Todd Malik?" She asked.

"Yes."

Zayn is always gone and he doesn't live with us. If he did he would protect me from my dad.

Ever since my mom left my dad because of him being an alcoholic and having anger management problems. This was almost two years ago. Ever since then Zayn rarely comes home. Whenever Zayn notices a scar I make up excuses. He still doesn't know I'm abused.

"Ok and what's the matter?"

"Uh. Uh. I fell and a piece of glass cut me." I lied thinking about what actually happened. I remember running, tripping, thoughts going through my head thinking he was going to kill me if he found me, and my boyfriend. Liam. My brothers best friend. What If I did die? How would Liam take it?

"Katie. You can't continue to lie to people about this." Kihley whispered into my ear. I sniffed and whispered back I to her ear,

"We'll I don't want people to know. Besides my closest friends." I sighed.

"Then why doesn't Zayn and Liam know?" She snapped.

"Because they'll kill my dad." I snapped back. The nurse came back to the counter and took me to a room, and shot something into my back. Then blurriness... Then it all went black.

---------------------------------------------