The Cuts

Chapter 1

Katie~

I ran down the alley finding a place to hide. The cold December air penetrated my bloody fragile face and chest.

"KATIIIEE!?," The angry raspy voice screamed. " WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO. YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER!" the voice continued.

I hid behind a little bakery trash bin. He ran right past me. He as in my dad. The raspy voice chasing me.

*Flashback 30 minutes earlier*

"Dad? Have you seen my phone?" I asked while he took another beer from the fridge.

"No. Why the fuck would I look after it?" He slurred being drunk after 10 cases of beer. He gets really steamed up when he's drunk but surprisingly he can have a real conversation with someone at the same time.

"I just thought you've seen it. Sorry." I ran down the steps searched through the desk downstairs. No where. I walked backwards to get out of the mess that my dad collected. I bumped into something making it shatter.

"KATIE?! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" My dad yelled from upstairs.

My moms picture frame filled with a picture of her and my dad when they got married.....

Shattered.

He came bolting down the stairs to find me crying next to the broken pieces of glass.

"Did you do this?..." He asked dragging me up by my hair. I screeched and cried even harder. The words that were trying to come out just wouldn't budge.

"I SAID DID YOU DO THIS GOD DAMMIT?!"

"Dad. IM so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going and bumped into the frame!" I quickly stated covering my eyes with my cold, boney fingers.

He stared into my hidden eyes and dragged me upstairs throwing me against the wall. He took a beer bottle and smashed it on the counter beside him. He took a piece of glass and smeared it across my face, leaving a bloody cut.

"Now. Tell me. Did you knock over that frame on PURPOSE?" He quietly slurred Into my ear. I clamped my eyes shut and let out tears. I shook my head and tried to hold back the pain in my cheek.

"Let's see about that." He snapped taking another bottle of beer and smashing it again my chest. I gasped and broke out of his grip.

I bolted to the door and tripped scraping my knee. I immediately trembling to bounce back up,

took off down the road into town.

*End of flashback*

As soon as my father past right past me I made sure he was completely gone before running. I heard the last of the footsteps on the icy concrete.

"Shit." I whispered to my self glancing down at my chest. It was pouring out blood.

I tried to stand back up but my leg wouldn't budge since I tripped earlier. I finally got sturdy and started walking.

---------------------------------------------

A/N.

HAII. Sorry it's so short >_<

I didn't have much time.

Things are gonna start getting DARK, EVEN MORE DRAMATIC AND ROMANTIC. ;3

--------------------------------------------