Waiting For Santa

Jordan stood on the edge of the fireplace and stuck his head in the fireplace. "Santa! Are you up there!"

"You have three seconds to get out before I turn that on." Declan stood near the fireplace switch, waiting to turn it on.

"AHHHH!" Jordan sprang away from the fireplace as the fire turned on. Declan was laughing as Jordan stormed up to him. "You can't do that! Santa would roast his butt on the way down the chimney!" Declan laughed as Jordan tackled him to smack the switch and turn off the fireplace. He turned to me, looking satisfied. "Do you have any cookies and milk?"

"Probably not." I stood up to go look. Jordan followed me into the kitchen and I opened the fridge. I spotted some milk and handed it to Jordan. "Hold this." I shut the fridge and started looking through the pantry. I didn't see any cookies but instead I pulled out a bag of fig bars. I turned to Jordan. "Does this work?"

Jordan thought for a long moment. "Yeah. That should do." He opened the bag and unscrewed the milk bottle. He carefully poured out some milk and spent over three minutes carefully placing the fig bars on a plate. "Perfect!" He announced and carried the cup and plate to the living room where he carefully set them on the floor near the Christmas Tree.

"And now we wait." He plopped on the floor and stare into the empty fireplace for as long as I was awake. He was still like that when I fell asleep...