Lost and Found

Dang this hiatus is killing me and my creativity.

But I managed to make this cute little AU here which I'd like to call the Lost and Found AU. Here we go.

<><><><>

The Lost and Found. A dark place with a cold atmosphere and dark lighting. The place that three certain guys found home.

They worked there eight hours of the day. Even though oldest of the three, Bennett, was eighteen and not even out of school yet, they didn't go to school. It's not like they needed too, they already knew everything they needed to, and school didn't pay. And well they didn't really need the money, they dropped out anyway. Their parents didn't care.

Why the Lost and Found? It gave the three hope, which they could all use. If the kids who streamed through here every day could find the things they misplaced, then maybe the three had a chance at finding the bits of themselves they lost over the year, like when Bennett's mom left, or Jordan became colorblind, or Declan found out he was adopted.

A teen girl, who was probably about their age, with a panda t-shirt and jeans entered the lost and found. She had big glasses over her eyes and appeared to be one of the thousands of tourists who misplaced something everyday. Not lost, misplaced. Lost things are never found.

"What did you misplace?" Jordan took to the counter and  asked with his usual grin, the thing employees were required to wear whether they wanted to or not.

"I'm not sure." The girl frowned. "But I know I'll find it when I see it."

"Well then. That's not going to help much." Declan muttered with a fake smile.

"Can I look in back?" The girl pointed to behind the counter where rows of shelves stood.

"What's your name?" Bennett gave her a sideways glance as he started unlocking drawers.

"Naomi." Naomi frowned as she watched the drawers being opened.

"Well then, Naomi, this is place is yours." Bennett stepped to the side as Naomi dashed inside and started to open a drawer way down on the end.

"You're not going to find it there!" Jordan yelled down the long isle. "The stuff in those drawers has been here for years!"

"I know. That's why I went here first." Naomi carefully moved some wallets, sunglasses, purses, and other various items out of the drawer and on to the floor.

As he watched Naomi, Declan frowned. What could this girl possibly be looking for?

Naomi searched for hours, not even sure what she was looking for. The three watched her for hours, first intently, then not knowing what else to watch.

Some time later, they locked up the Lost and Found, kicking out
Naomi first, and got on the first train back to their neighborhood. As the three sat on the train, all of them were lost in thought. What was Naomi looking for? Who is Naomi?

The train stopped and they stood up and got off. They walked together down the sidewalk in the dark, still thinking. Jordan was hit by something wet and cold. He looked up to find that
he had run into a misshapen lump hanging off of a branch of a large bush. "What the..." The three picked up the blob and examined it. In the dark they couldn't tell what it was but it felt like a hat. "Ugh." Jordan tossed it behind him and continued to walk.

The next morning they all woke up and got ready for work. Most guys would still be asleep, not waking up for another hour. Bennett groaned as he pulled on his jacket and stepped outside into the cold air. He shivered silently and started to walk towards the train stop. And promptly tripped.