Wedding Crashers (Baking A Cake Pt. 2)

"Slow down! It's going to fall!" I yelled to Bennett and Declan as they slowly carried the twelve-layer wedding cake out the front door.

"Woah." Declan stopped and waited for the cake to stop swaying.

"We're gonna be late." Bennett pushed the cake out the front door and brought it out to a blue convertible that was parked in the front. The two set the cake in the front seat and Bennett got into the driver's seat.

"Can we come with?" I asked. "I wanna go to a wedding."

"I wasn't planning on staying for the wedding but..." Bennett smiled a bit. "You three can come with if you find something nice to wear."

"Yes!" All three of us ran into the house to go out on nice clothes for the wedding.

--

"Woah." We pulled into the parking lot, which was packed.

"This is going to be awesome!" Jordan squealed. I smiled too. I haven't been to a wedding since I was a little kid, but all I remember is that they always have the best food.

"Let's get the cake inside first." Bennett parked the car right in the middle of a No Parking Zone. He got out and went around the car to get the cake. He balanced the cake in his hands and I watched as it cautiously teetered. He held it calmly as he slowly turned around and carried it inside. The rest of us followed behind him slowly.

"There." He set it on a clean table with a fancy tablecloth and rose petals on top.

"Now what?" I asked, looking around at the empty room. "Where is everyone?"

"I think their outside." Declan looked out a window to see a group of well-dressed people standing outside, posing for pictures. I looked down at my own outfit, a simple blue dress with a rhinestone belt that Bennett bought me (it was probably made of real rhinestones). My hair was curled and sprayed. I didn't even try to do makeup.

The guys looked much better. They all had on black dress coats and pants with shiny shoes and clean, white shirts underneath. All of them had their hair brushed.

"Wanna go outside and get in their pictures?" Jordan smiled.

"No." Bennett said as I said "Yeah!"

"Let's go!" Jordan and I ran outside to get in the picture.

The bride and groom were getting a picture with the wedding party so Jordan and I got in the back. Our outfits didn't match everyone else's but we actually looked really good. We ran away and dashed back inside, laughing the whole way.

"Now what?" I asked.

"They're coming in!" Jordan looked out the window and smiled. "Which means we're eating soon..."

"Yes!" We all smiled as we looked around at the tables. "But where are we gonna sit?"

I sat down at a random chair and got ready for the wedding crew to come inside.

--

"Wahoo!" A sugar-hyped Naomi is pretty crazy.

I was spinning in circles on the dance floor, laughing like a maniac and singing along to whatever song was playing.  Jordan was laughing and dancing with me, Declan was video-taping us, and Bennett was off doing who-knows-what.

"Hey Naomi, I'm gonna go get more candy, wanna come with?" Jordan smiled as he started walking off towards the candy bar. Seriously, this wedding had a whole bar full of different types of candy. I rushed off to join Jordan right as I heard a yell from up front where the wedding party was. They said some sappy stuff about finding true love, kissed a lot, and announced something about the cake.

I turned around to look at the front where Bennett was carefully cutting the cake. "Come on Jordan, we gotta go get cake."

"Yeah." He quickly shoved candy in his pockets and ran towards the table where we were sitting.

"Yay!" The two of us smiled the waiters brought around cake. We may not may not have eaten four pieces... Each.

"Hey." Bennett seemed to appear out of nowhere as he sat down next to us and started eating a piece of the cake.

"This cake is pretty good." Declan walked over to our table with a piece of cake in his hands.

"Hey Declan, think fast!" Jordan flung a piece of cake across the table.

"What?" Declan looked at Jordan right as the cake soared through the air and landed in his hair. "What the?" Declan felt his hair and glared at Jordan. "Oh it's on."

"Watch out Naomi, things are about to get real." Jordan pushed me behind him as a full slice of cake got flung over both of our heads and hit a teen boy at the table behind us. The boy spun around, grabbed some cake, and flung it at his sister, shouting "Food fight!!"

"Oh no. Not again." I frowned as I crawled under the table. I found Bennett sitting under there, eating a piece of cake calmly. "Hi."

"Hi." He said before going back to his cake. "We should probably stop them."

"Yeah." I stuck my head out of the table and frowned.

"Hey!" Yelled the groom, silencing the group. "Who started it?" Everyone pointed at our table, even that boy. "Who even are you?" He turned to the bride, "Did you invite them?"

"Nope." She shook her head.

"Get out." The groom spun back around.

"Oh no." Bennett and I carefully snuck up from under the table and silently snuck out with Declan and Jordan right behind us.

"Well that went well."