chapter 1

Omar's POV:

"Omar..." I immediately crushed the cigarette under my shoe as I heard my mother calling my name.

"You've been here...? Come on get inside." She lightly patted my shoulder as she came to sit beside me.

"Needed some fresh air." I said in a low voice.

"You must be in your room right now. She's waiting for you." She said in an obvious tone.

"Maa (mom) please! You know you don't ask me to do this. I might have married her but I'm far from accepting her as my wife." I almost whispered yell.

"I know my dear! But this isn't her fault..."

"It isn't my fault either." I cut her in a mid sentence.

"It was you and Baba (dad) who forced me to marry her. Now please don't force me to start a life with her.....Zara is after all her sister."

I got up and started pacing the length of the garden, where I was sitting before. To say things were under control would be the understatment. I didn't have the damn clue to fix my life.

"Omar... meri jaan (my dear)! I know this is not easy for you but you need to understand that Zara is not the bad guy here." She paused as she looked in my eyes.

"She did this huge sacrifice for both the families. Marrying you wasn't easy for her as well.... I understand what you're going through and I know you need time, infact you can take as much time as you want but please in the process don't hurt her."

"Why do you care for her so much? I asked irritatingly, mere mention of her name was getting on my nerves.

"Because she's not like her sister." And I rolled my eyes on that statement.

"You might not see this because you're angry and hurt, but you will realize it." She reassured me with a smile.

My mother left me with another confusion. I couldn't understand that why all of a sudden my parents and my sister is all about praising Zara Ibrahim.

The same Zara Ibrahim, who agreed to marry me in order to save both of our families from the utter humiliation and disgrace. I respect what she did, but marrying someone you don't know a bit was what pinching my insides.

You didn't even know Sawera very well to marry her in the first place...

My inner voice shouted back at me. I roughly comb my hair with my hand, heaving a deep sigh. I wasn't able to figure out anything right now. I didn't want to face her neither could I do something about this.

I walked past the lawn and signaled the gatekeeper to open the main gate, as I started the engine of my car, putting it in a reverse gear. I had no idea where I was heading, may be because my life was pretty much direction less at the moment. I had to figure it out before its too late.

I, Omar Affandi, had no clue where his life was taking him, and this thought was enough to put my car in full race.

Everything was good enough a week ago, just as it was planned. I was finally going to settle down with my life by marrying Sawera. My grip on the steering tightened as I recalled the past events.

Sawera Ibrahim was the daughter of Ibrahim Sheikh, a high profile Industrialist. She was an absolute rich spoilt brat to say the least. Since our families were old friends and our parents being the usual parents decided to arrange our wedding. It wasn't like I was against it, I knew what she was like, still I said yes to this proposal. May be because she was a part of the circle I belong, we had the same living standards.