Chapter 21

Zara's POV:

I stretched my arms, getting up and looked around the dimly lit room. The only source of light was the rising of the sun that was coming from the windows which were nicely covered by the curtains. Turning my head I checked the right side of the bed and found it empty.

Since when has he been up??

I sighed and turned on the bedside lamp. It was 6:15 in the morning. I got up from the bed and walked towards the wall size glass windows. Pushing aside the curtains I welcomed the dim morning light into the room.

After the events turned out last night, I wasn't expecting anything nice from Omar. Infact the cold look he gave me in the car, had shaken me up pretty bad. But the moment we arrived home, Omar started to behave normal.

It wasn't as normal as it look, I knew for a fact that he was trying his best to stay calm but the effect Faris had on him was keeping him restless and that wasn't hidden from me. I would have name it jealously if his feelings were unknown to me.

I thought about taking a shower but rejected it, instead I brushed my teeth and washed my face with cold water, it soothed my tensed muscles but the constant headache I've had since last night was still there. Changing into gym wear I decided to have an intense workout session. It's been a month since I hit the gym.

Sighing, I got out of the room and towards the sport room which has a relaxing view of indoor pool. It was basically connected to the pool side area of the house. I knew Omar will be found there. Waking up extra early, he could only release his stress or whatever he was feeling by running on a treadmill.

Upon reaching there, I saw him running extra ordinary fast on treadmill and the sight only made me roll my eyes.

I know you so well Omar...

Pushing open the glass door, I slowly walked towards him. He was unaware of my presence there. I came to stand beside the treadmill looking at him keenly. Black half sleeve nike shirt which was clung to his perfectly sculpted body with black gym shorts, sweat was dripping from his forhead making him way too attractive with his dishelved hairs.

Omar slowed down the speed as our eyes met. A surprise look was formed on his face.

"What are you ...doing here Zara?" He asked breathing heavily and taking out the ear phones.

"What would I do in a sport room?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"....... okay..." He chuckled lightly and immediately got down. Picking up the towel, he rubbed his face and neck. Throwing it back to its place, he gulped down the water in one breath. As he was about to start row dumbbells, I called him out.

"Omar...??"

He looked up at me but didn't reply.

"How long have you been here?"

"A while.... why?" He started his workout.

Okay! So now he's back to being cold and collected. I was starting to get frustrated.

"Omar... I think we need to talk." Taking small steps, I walked where he was.

"About what Zara?" He asked without looking at me.

"..... everything!.... I need to know where I am standing in your life." Next moment he looked at me getting straight from the incline position.

He took a step towards me after putting dumbbells on the floor. I could sense my words hit the right place.

"Wha-what do...you mean....Zara?"
He was holding his breath and doesn't even know it.

I felt bad...