Chapter 23

Sawera's POV:

As I parked my car outside the multi story beautifully architected building of Affandi Groups of pvt. limited, security guard who was on the duty came running towards me. I know what was he going to say that I came earlier than meeting time. After telling him that I had some work here, I entered by swiping my card. It was another security feature of this building for everyone. Everyone working here has to swipe their employee card to get inside.

It's been a week since Nofel and I had a conversation and in those seven days everything has changed for me. The betrayal and anger I felt was replaced by the pain and the constant feeling of incompleteness. My persistence of taking divorce was seemed to be pointless now. I wouldn't have imagined my life would take one eighty degree turn in a matter of weeks.

Even after knowing that I can't give Nofel a child, he never wanted to leave me. When doctors told him that I couldn't conceive that's when he had done what he was obliged to do, giving his family an heir of his own. When he told me that how much difficult it was for him, I know he was telling the truth. He was left with no choice, his parents threatened him that they will disown him and cut their ties with him.

I got out of the elevator and walked towards the Omar's office. I needed to talk to him, apologize to him... this time from the bottom of my heart. Then there were some business stuff that needed to be discussed. I wasn't prepared for today's meeting, I just got an email the other day about this. I had no clue what's the point of this urgent call for meeting.

I started working on some files when Omar's assistant came in with his assistant, she has a tray in her hand that has my favorite breakfast, coffee and donut. I smiled at her, she looked newly appointed and I could say by the way her hands were trembling.

She stammered while greeting me and put the breakfast tray on the table. As she was heading out of the room I called her. I don't know why but I was curious to know about her more.

"Hey.. listen... what's your name?"

She turned around out to see me.

"...A...Anum..." she replied in a dull voice.

"Okay.. Anum, is this your first time? I mean, is this your first job as assistant?" I asked with serious expression.

"Uh..uh.. yes." She wasn't confused but it seemed obvious that she needed proper training for this job. Assisting boss's assistant is no joke, it's a huge responsibility. I wonder why Omar hired her in the first place when she clearly lacked communication skills.

I nodded and signaled her to go turning my attention back to the work. After half an hour tye same girl entered and shyly informed me that everyone has gathered in the conference room. I took my laptop in my hand and made my way to conference room. I was way more than curious to know the reason behind this unscheduled meeting.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Zara in the conference room. She was seated on the right side of the head chair. She glanced at me and turned her attention towards one of the board member whom she was talking to before. To be honest, she was the last person I wanted to face, not because I'm holding anything against her but I didn't find courage in me to go and apologize to her for being an....... for everything.

I slowly walked towards the oval shape glass table, taking a seat across her all the while keep staring at her like a fanatic. There was something different about her. She was either looking more beautiful.... or I was seeing her after a long time.

Omar and Nofel entered side by side. Nofel told me about their joint venture and I wasn't much surprised at this because I knew both the men carries a high profile in corporate world and working together will only give a hardcore competition to their allies.