Chapter 4

Zara's POV:

Later that week, one night Omar walked into my room like nothing had happened. Had he forgotten how he'd ambushed? I guess he had since he made no attempt to apologize. I was trying to distract myself by reading Jane Austen's Emma, one of my favorite novel of all time. I pretended to ignore his presence until he placed an envelope roughly onto my bed and seated himself at the corner of the bed. I looked at Omar questioningly and picked up the envelope and opened it to find a ticket to Australia, with the flight leaving the day after tomorrow. I looked at him, clearly confused because I hadn't had the slightest idea that we were leaving.

"Why are we leaving?" I asked him and my own voice sounded weird to me.

"We need to get away from here for a while. Baba (Dad) thinks it'd be good if we visit Anoushay... to avoid questions." He replied in a curt tone as he stood up and I nodded. It was understandable that our families would want us to dissappear for a while before people would know and make a news out of it. Australia would provide an opportunity for the hype surrounding the wedding to die down and then may be we could return.

Omar was nearly on his way back when he suddenly stopped, my phone started to beep on the dresser, I immediately got up and reject the call. Though, it was from my best friend Saman, but what would I tell her, that I'm married to my sister's ex fiancé... no way in hell I was ready to give answers. So it was better avoiding her and my other friends.

He was looking at me suspiciously like wanted to inquire from me but I didn't give him a chance.
"I think I should start packing up my stuff then." I murmured as I step back. I was started to get nervous under his intense gaze, like he was scrutinizing me. Without saying anything he turned back but didn't move an inch. Why did his every action showed that he hated me with all his guts. And that guilt was back again eating me.

Well.. it never left..

"Why didn't you pick up your phone?" He asked, looking at me suspiciously. And the way he was looking at me made me angry... in a long time.

"Where did you get my passport?" I raised an eye brow. I didn't ask him in the first place doesn't mean I would let go of this fact.

"I took it from your closet!" He stated, as he slid his hands in his trousers pocket.

How dare he?

"When did you...." I was dumb- founded at his shameless attitude.

"Two nights back! You were asleep." He answered with a smirk.

Goodness gracious!!!

I was trying my best not to answer him with the best comeback I could.

"Who allowed you to come into this room and go through my personal stuff? Seriously!" I crossed my arms on my chest.

He took a step forward and leaned a little closer to me, "I don't need your permission Zara. I get what I want." He smirked while scrutinizing my face.

What the hell does he mean he gets what he wants.

I could literally feel my ears burning and shiver run down my spine.

"Now, tell me why did you not answer your phone?.... it was your best friend's call." He scratched his temple like he's trying to recall something, "Saman...! Yeah Saman... she's your best friend." A more evil smirk was playing on his lips as he was looking straight in my eyes. I had no idea how he knows my best friend's name. I was loosing my calm now.

"None of your concern!" I uttered in a low voice and hurriedly ran towards the washroom locking it behind. If I stayed there few more seconds I would definitely get a panic attack.