Chapter 13

Omar's POV:

As I came to sit in my car, I started recalling the day. Board meeting went pretty well. We've signed a contract with our international partners. Everything seemed to be good for that day but I couldn't get to erase my small telephone conversation with her from my mind. I put my car in reverse, and after taking it out from the parking I shift the gear from first to second, and second to third and now finally fourth as I took a turn on main Seaview Boulevard. Roads were unusually clear with minimum traffic. I was heading back to home.

I didn't feel a bit bad when I told her that I didn't wana talk about Sawera. I thought it was pretty clear between the two of us when we came back from Lahore, that Sawera's chapter from our lives had been closed. I called her multiple times after getting done with the meeting but she switched off her phone. All I wanted right now was to talk to Zara and to know that what's this all about. Not in her right mind she would want to see her elder sister, I kept repeating this thought over and over.

It took me hardly ten minutes to reach home. I honked at the gate of my house and as I parked my car in the porch, unconsciously or may be out of habit I looked up to see the window of her room.

The lights were off. Is she asleep already?

I checked the time on my wrist watch. It was just half past ten. I walked inside, there were some voices coming from the dining hall and it seemed like my parents were having an argument.

Really?!

I peeked inside the room and salam my parents. Knowing of my presence they just gave each other the look which clearly tells I should not know about what they were talking.

"What's wrong?" I looked at my parents questioningly.

"Baba...?"

"Maa...?"

"Go get fresh! We're waiting for dinner." Maa said in a bit straight tone. Baba signaled me to obey maa's order as I left them quite behind.

There was something wrong and I had no idea about. Zara was not there at the table. Unusual!
Maa never talked to me like she did just now neither did Baba looked like he's holding something up. Damn unusual!

I was trying to solve the puzzle but my mind was refraining me to conclude on the possible outcome of their behaviour.

Shit!

I was back at the dinning table within ten minutes. Maa passed me the salad. Baba looked calmer than ever.

"Where's Zara? Isn't she joining us?" I tried to break the silence.

"Tm khud Zara se phone kar ke kiun nahi puch lete beta ke wo kiun nahi hai yahan?" Maa said coldly.
(Why don't you call her and ask the reason of her absence)

"Safina please..." Baba tried to calm maa.

It took me a nano second to know the reason behind. I should really stop playing dumb when I already know the situation.

"Omar! What she has done was the right thing to do." Baba said after a little while.

"I didn't say anything Baba." I said while keeping my focus on my food.

"Dear! She informed me before leaving. If you're thinking she went without letting us know then you are wr....." Baba said calmly but I cut him off.

"I know Baba. She called me and I told her not to go." I said bitterly.

"More like you snapped at her." Baba was his usual calm self.

"Baba... what do you expect?" I clean my hands from the napkin. I wasn't hungry anymore.