Chapter 18

Omar's POV:

I got out of the car and jogged towards the other car. I was pissed at the driver because he didn't even bother to get out. I was about to yank him off the car but upon reaching there, a wave of shock ran through my body.

Ibrahim Sheikh...

Zara's dad...!!

He had his hand placed on the left side of chest and breathing heavily. His face was pale.

"Uncle..." I exclaimed. "Are you alright?" I loosen his tie and open top buttons of his shirt. He seemed to be fazing out soon. I didn't have time to call ambulance so I decided to take him to the hospital myself. After taking him out of his car with difficulty, I made him lay down in the back seat and rushed towards the nearest hospital. It was hardly six to eight minutes drive, meanwhile I made an urgent call to my secretary asking him to cancel the meeting.

As soon as I arrived at the hospital, a team of nurses took Ibrahim uncle to the emergency. I knew he was in safe hands now. I called Zara to inform her but she didn't pick my call.

Where could she be...

Without wasting any time I called Zara's mother and informed her and it took her fifteen minutes to reach to the hospital. Doctors hadn't come out of the emegency yet so we were waiting outside. I again dialled Zara's number but she didn't pick up. I sighed heavily and went to sit on one of the chair in the corridor.

The doctor came out after like ten minutes and by the look at his face, it was a bad news.

"Mr.Ibrahim has been brought here on time, his blood pressure was dangerously high causing his heart to slow down.... but he is out of danger now." Irsa Aunty and I sighed in relief.

"We've given him the best treatment, he can also get a discharge by tonight...." doctor looked at me and then her, ".... but please make sure that he won't take any kind of stress. Even the slightest of tension or stress could be fatal for him at this stage. He has to go under heart surgery as soon as possible but due to his high BP, we cannot do the operation."

"He has been taking his meds regularly so why his BP shot up all of a sudden." Irsa Aunty asked the doctor.

"I assume you're his wife... and you?" He asked pointing in my direction.

"I'm his son-in-law." I replied.

"It's very clear that he has been stressing out for quite some time. I'd suggest, he should take a break from his routine life. It is very important for his health at this stage when two arteries of his heart has been blocked, and we can't even perform a minor procedure to insert a stent in his heart to prevent complications."

"When can we see him?" Irsa Aunty asked. She was trying to stay composed.

"He's stable for now, you can see him."

The doctor said and went back to the ER.

"Have you informed Zara?" She asked.

"She's not picking up..." I took out the phone from my pocket and dialled her number when Irsa Aunty said,"Don't tell her...." I looked in her direction clearly confused.

"..... I mean.. don't inform her on phone, she'll be panicked. And Ibrahim is already allowed to go home in an hour or so...." By the look on her face, I couldn't read it exactly.

"What's the point in hiding?" I asked.

"I'm not hiding, it's just... I... I don't want her to know about her father's condition...."

"But why?" I was confused.

".... there's no reason.... she's very sensitive, she'll take it way too seriously.... and you two have just started your relat...."