Chapter Three.

Demi Lovato's POV. 

I sat in Cher and I usual Starbucks and waited for her. We agreed to meet here. This coffee shop was where Cher and I used to go when we wanted to spend some time together. We used to love being here because for once, we were not stuck in my flat or an hotel's room. We could be together and do what 2 normal friends do. Anyway, Cher was supposed to be here in less than 10 minutes. I was pretty happy that my presence here went unnoticed. At least, that was what I thought. 5 minutes later a crowd of paparazzi was leaning against the door. They tried to take picture of me even if I was in the back of the room. I looked at Josh, my body guard who threw me a sad look. I sighed loudly and took my phone. 
"Hello?" Hearing her voice gave me chills. 
"Cher it's me." I said. 
"Something's wrong? I'm almost there." 
"You can't come here."
"I'm sorry what?" She said clearly confused. I could perfectly picture her with a frown on her face. 
"There is a crowd of paps in front of the shop." I explained and she let out a frustrated sigh. 
"Okay, I'll ask Craig to park the car behind the building, do you think you can sneak out by the back door?" 
"Yeah I think so." 
"I'll text you when I'm here then." She said and hang up. Between Thursday and today, we did not speak much, every time we did, it was with short calls or short texts. It was like there was an invisible boundary between us. We could not see it but we could both feel it. 

"Cher Lloyd: I'm here." Once again a short text. But this one made me very nervous. I got up and walked towards the back door. I took a deep breath and opened it. It headed to a dark small street between two buildings. A black SUV was parked here. Craig got out of the vehicle, he shook Josh's hand who he used to be friend with. I guessed I had destroyed that friendship too. 
"Hello Mrs Lovato." Said Craig politely. He opened the door for me and I got in. 

Cher was here, she was looking at me with no expression. She looked so out of touch, so confident that it was almost scary. If looks could kill you, I would be dead by now. I sat next to her careful not to touch her. 
"Hi." I said nervously. 
"Hi." She said. The car was filled with tension. We were both clearly uncomfortable. I heard someone cleared his throat and saw Craig looking at us from the driver's seat. 
"Where do you wanna go?" He asked us. I looked at Cher who was staring at her hands. I knew she did that when she was nervous. 
"Is it okay if we go to my flat?" I asked her as softly as possible. She looked at me. I could not read her gaze. She was just staring at me blankly. I was so sure she was going to say no that when she said yes, my jaw almost hit the ground. Craig nodded and drove us to my flat. We did not talk at all during the ride, Cher was looking through the window and I kept on texted Marissa.

“To Marissa Callahan: This was a terrible idea...”

“Marissa Callahan: Don't start Dem. You need her, you missed her!”

“To Marissa Callahan: I know but being near her like that it's 10 times worst!”

“Marissa Callahan: You both need time, you were hurt pretty badly. Stay strong, and start talking to her.”

“To Marissa Callahan: And what am I supposed to say? I told her I loved her...”

“Marissa Callahan: Talk to her calmly, take your time.”

“To Marissa Callahan: Maybe she doesn't even like me anymore.”

“Marissa Callahan: That's enough now! If she doesn't, why is she with you? Stop texting me, and talk to her! It's an order ;) I'll talk to u tomorrow xxx.” I sighed loudly and put my phone in my pocket. I looked up at the window and saw that we were in front of my building. Craig opened the door and I got out first, Cher following me.

“Thanks Craig, I'll call you later.” She said smiling at him. I could murder someone to be the one she smiled to. I mouthed Josh to stay with Craig and he smiled at me. I knew they were best friends and I was pretty sure that they were not really talking anymore because of Cher and I. They had to stay with us everyday and we were not talking for more than a year. The both of us walked in the building and went in the elevator. We were both still quiet. Even breathing was making too much noise. Once we were on my floor, I led us to my flat. I opened it and we got in.