Chapter Twenty.

Cher Lloyd's POV.

I was sleeping when I heard a loud noise coming from downstairs. I sighed, ran a hand through my hair and looked at my phone. It was only 3am. I put a hoodie on and walked downstairs. I saw lights coming from the kitchen and heard someone swearing. I tip toed to the door and took a look as discretely as possible. Once I realized it was only my mother, I sighed and pushed the door wide open. She jumped in surprise and looked at me, raising her eyebrows.
“What are you doing still awake? You have school tomorrow.” She slurred.
“I was sleeping until you woke me up.” I said and walked to her. She was having trouble to stand still. Once I reached her, she wrapped her arms around my neck, holding me close to her.
“I love you my beautiful CherBear.” She said in my ear. She was smelling smock and alcohol. “Come on, I should give your sisters and brother a goodnight kiss.” She took my hand and tried to leave the kitchen but I managed to keep her still.
“No mum, you should go to sleep.”
“Who do you think you are Cher? You're not supposed to tell me what I'm supposed to do.” She snapped and walked back to me.
“You're not going to wake them up in the middle of the night. Not because you're drunk.”
“I'm not drunk.”
“You are. You can't even walk to me. Look at you.” I sighed and she shook her head.
“What? Come on, say everything you want to say.”
“You really think I don't know what's going on?” I said and she raised her eyebrow, waiting for me to continue. “I know you have been going out a lot lately.”
“And?”
“And every time you end up being drunk.”
“Are you saying that I am an alcoholic?”
“No. But I think you should talk with dad. He might be able to help you.” I said taking a step back. I did not want to be too close to her because who knew what she was capable to do.
“He can't do anything, we can't even afford a new car, how do you think he's going to help? He's good at nothing except making the life of our family miserable.”
“That's not true.” I stated and she shook her head.
“Really? Do you think that it's completely normal to have 2 jobs when you're 16 and still going to school?” She snapped back and shook her head, again. “He's a mess. Our life's a mess.”
“And your solution is hiding? Wow, you're so brave.” I sighed and she walked to me, her face inches away from mine.
“Do not talk to me like that again, do you understand me?” She snapped, holding my wrist tightly. I was going to have bruises tomorrow. “Now go to sleep.” She ordered and pushed me. My back hit the wall and I frowned at the pain.
“And where are you going?” I asked as she was walking to the front door.
“Out.” She said and slammed the door loudly. I sighed and walked back upstairs as slowly as possible. My back was killing me. I saw lights on Sophie's room. I opened the door and saw Rosie and Sophie on Sophie's bed. They were crying. It was time for me to be strong for them. I walked to them and held them tight against me.
“Did she hurt you?” Whispered Rosie.
“No babe, don't worry.”
“When is she coming back?” Asked Sophie, I wiped their cheeks and kissed their foreheads.
“I don't know. You should try to sleep.” I whispered and helped them lay on the bed. I put the covers over them and stood up.
“Where are you going?” Asked Rosie as Sophie wrapped an arm around her.
“Nowhere, close your eyes. I'm here.” I whispered smiling. She nodded and both of my sisters closed their eyes.
“I don't think I will be able to sleep.” Stated Rosie and Sophie nodded.
“Oh, I know where this is going.” I said smiling and they smiled back. “Fine, but only because you're cute.” I added making them smile. “Okay close your eyes.” I cleared my throat and started singing.
“Oh, Why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don’t be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
’cause I’ve seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
You don’t know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less

I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
Won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you