Chapter Twenty-One.

Demi Lovato's POV.

Three months had passed since that night in Malvern and it did not get easier. At first, Cher and I were still talking to each other but things changed. We used to call at least once a day but those calls turned into once a week and then, every now and then. Cher made some difficult decisions such as taking a break from a career. She stated publicly that she needed time to sort some personal things out but I could not help but think that I was the one who made her leave the industry. It had been a month since that interview and I still remembered it perfectly. 

I jumped when I heard my phone ringing. I sighed and took my phone, it was 3 am. I answered when I realized it was Miley.

“Demi you need to turn your computer on!” She yelled through the phone.

“Waow, calm down. What's up?”

“I can't really explain, please turn your computer on and go on twitter now.” She said really seriously and I did as I was told.

“Okay, what am I supposed to see?” I asked worried, even if Miley did not have the same sleep rhythm as I had, it was not like her to call me in the middle of the night with no reason.

“Go to Cher's twitter.” She said as gently as she could. She knew it was a sensible subject. I sighed and did it. “#Brats you can hear my interview live. I have a big announcement to make xx” She tweeted with a link. “Dems?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you going to listen to it or what?” She asked and I sighed. I clicked on the link and waited until I heard her voice.

“We had her here when she just started, now with one album out, one song with Demi Lovato and another one with Ne-Yo, she's back. Please welcome Cher Lloyd!” Cheered the journalist “It's a pleasure to have you here.”

“Thanks for having me here.” Cher said and I could tell she was smiling even if it was a radio interview. It still felt weird to hear her voice knowing that I broke her heart.

“So tell me, how are you? You're pretty big in this industry now.”

“I'm fine, oh thank you.”

“Let me just say how amazing your song with Ne-Yo is.” He said and I nodded. I just loved this song, Cher sounded pretty amazing on it.

“Thanks.”

“So, how did you record it? You went in LA?” The possibility of her coming to the USA without telling me did not even cross my mind. I was waiting quite impatiently for her to answer. But I was not sure I really wanted to hear what she had to say.

“No I didn't.” She said and I let out a deep breath.

“Demi, you need to breath.” Said Miley, I completely forgot I was still on the phone with her.

“Yeah, sorry.” I said and she hummed.

“We actually recorded it via Skype.” Cher continued and the interviewer laugh.

“Really? I didn't even know it was possible.” He said and Cher laugh this time. “Anyway, I really really love it, what a tune.”

“Thank you so much.”

“Let's go back to business.” He said and Cher stayed silent. “If you wanted to be with us today isn't only because we're the best, right?” He said making Cher chuckle.