Chapter Twenty-Three.

Demi Lovato's POV.

Cher and I were in our flight to London. She had been quiet the whole time. She was just staring at the window completely obvious to what was going out around her. She seemed so vulnerable right now.

“Cher?” I whispered but she did not react. I sighed and put my hand on her knee which made her jump in surprise. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.”

“It's okay don't worry.”

“How do you feel?”

“How do you think I feel?” She snapped at me and I shrugged. She shook her head and looked at me sadly. “I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you, none of this is your fault.”

“It's fine, don't worry about that. But can you tell me the truth now? What's going on?”

“It started two months ago. My dad couldn't breath anymore. He went to see a lot of different doctors and none of them could tell us what was wrong with him.” She said and sighed. “Have you ever felt so powerless? Like everything is crumbling down around you and you can't do anything about it? I mean, it's my dad we're talking about. He seemed to be so untouchable. I just can't bear seeing him in so much pain without being able to do anything about it.” She looked at me sadly and shook her head. “I don't know what to do. I don't know what I can do.”

“You help him babe.” I said and she laughed.

“No, not really.” I grabbed her hand and waited for her to finally looked at me. When she did, she opened her month to say something but I put my finger her lips and started talking instead.

“You helped him. You were here for your brother and sisters. You took care of everything while he couldn't do it. And you don't have to tell me anything about it, I know you did. Because I know you and I know you can't stand letting people down. You helped me getting through the worst time of my life and you didn't even know me back then.” I said and she smiled weakly. “No matter what happened, no matter what's going to happen, I'm gonna be here for you. And I'm not the only one, Cheryl and Kimberley will be here too. Everything will work out, you just have to believe it.” She smiled again and started to kissing me but I quickly pulled away. “Stop, what if someone sees us?” I said knowing we were on a plane and Cher laughed.

“Look around you Dems, they are all sleeping. We are the only ones still awake and you are so damn cute.” She chuckled and I smiled. This was the reason why I loved Cher so much. No mattered how much she was hurt, she was still trying to make me feel good about anything.

“We should sleep you know.”

“Sleep? What's the point in sleeping when I can do something like that instead?” She said and pecked my lips. “It feels quite good to do it in another place then our flats.”

“Yeah?” She nodded blushing and I let out a yawn which made Cher giggle.

“You are always here to be super romantic.”

“That's why you love me.”

“Well, I guess so. There have to be some reasons to explain why I do.” I slapped her shoulder and she giggled.

I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, Cher was shaking me gently. Her face's expression changed from a few hours later. She was back to being cold and distant. I smiled at her and took her hand in mine. As soon as the plane landed and stopped moving, we got up, picked our stuff and made our way out of the plane pretty quickly. I grabbed her hand as we were waiting for our luggage “So how are we gonna be able to go to Malvern from here?”

“Just like everyone else, we'll take a train.” Cher snapped at me as she let go of my hand.

“Really? And what do you think will happen when people will realize that the both of us are walking around in an airport and a train station?” I snapped back.