Chapter Four.

I finished writing this after my accident because I had to stay awake, so I am sorry if it sucks. But, there you go.

Demi Lovato's POV.

"Cece, tonight you have to take it as a chance to open up to people. Make them see the real side of you. The sweet girl I know you are but who you are trying to push away." I said to Cece as we were rehearsing before the Live Show.

"I know, I try." She said frustrated.

"Try harder then." Added Autumn. Cece looked at her and I could see her eyes starting to tear up. I took her hand and led her to my dressing room. I took her in my arms and she broke down in tears.

"What's all about sweetie?" I asked her, I just wanted to help her out. She was one of my last contestants, I wanted her to win just as I wanted Paige to win. I wanted America to realize how amazing Cece really was. I wanted her to be here next week. She had what it takes.

"I can't be who you want me to be." She said against my shoulder.

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean, I can't. I can't let them see my true feelings." I tightened my grip around her.

"No, you can. It'll make you relatable, they'll see how fantastic you are."

"And how weak I am." I pulled away from our embrace and took her head in my hands.

"Cecelia." I said looking in her eyes. She sniffled and waited for me to continue. "You're not weak. Everyone has been against you since day one, but you're still here, aren't you? Tonight you're not doing it for you or for them." I said and she started to smile. "Tell me, who are you singing for?" I said smiling and I wiped her tears.

"For my sister." She said proudly. She took a deep breath and stopped crying. I kissed her cheek.

"Let's show to the whole nation how wonderful you are." She looked at me and nodded.

"For her." She said.

"For her." I took her hand and we walked out from the dressing room.

"Paige, come here." I took both of my acts hands and I looked at them. "You're fantastic, you'll be great, I know it. I'm proud of you girls." I said and took them in a group hug.

"Thanks Dem." They said. I looked at them and they walked away to get ready.

"Lovato." Said a familiar voice behind me.

"Cowell." I said smiling. He hugged me quickly.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, I am."

"Can I ask you something?" He said while we were walking to the Judges's desk. LA and Britney were still with their contestants.

"Sure?"

"You've changed since the day we started." He stated.

"And?" I said smiling.

"I love seeing you happy, so I think I have to thank Cher, haven't I?" I blushed a bit, he did not know what happened between us but he was right, it was because of her. Cher and I had not seen each other since the day she came at my place but we were still talking almost everyday. We could not speak all the time because of our schedules but it was better than nothing. I had to admit that my feelings were just getting stronger towards her. She was, once again, the caring girl I had always loved. We did not really talk about us, we just talked about what was happening, so most of time, she would listen to me talking about the X Factor. She was very helpful because she was there too. She knew how it felt like to live your dreams thanks to this platform.